JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What DD? ("Destructive Device", not the bra size, you degenerate.)

• REWATed Bazooka. (This is destiny, teehee.)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • M203 Grenade Launcher. (Underslung is underated.)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • M79 Grenade Launcher. (Thumper sounds kind of naughty.)

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • One of the scatterguns the Clinton administration reclassified (e.g., Streetsweeper, USAS, et al.)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • A converted/papered 37㎜ Launcher ("Boring ..." — Homer Simpson.)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Molotov Cocktail. (Shout "¡Viva la revolución!" before lobbing said down range.)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Some kind of light field artillery. (Homestead defense at its finest!)

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other. (Do tell!)

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • (gasp!) Running to my safe space to cry and color for the next 12 hours for this microaggression.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The late Hunter S. Thompson once said "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." And very weird times we live in indeed. Which brings me to the musings of the next wacky adventure, all the other NFA boxes having been checked: what about the final (teehee, final, right) project being a Destructive Device?

(And, no, unlike my other NFA antics, this one is not a high priority. Mainly mental masturbation, but fun to kick around the silly suggestions.)

Something that you don't have to drop a $200 tax-stamp for a one-shot deal sounds obvious for the Budget NFA Collector. :)

IE, go Large Bore reloadable like a shotgun, not a one-and-done like a bazooka where you get one bang and then just an empty shell to remember it by.

thats a tough call. this may be ignorant but would a case of hand grenades require a stamp on every grenade?

edit:
nvm i found out they all need stamps:eek:

Last Edited:
I voted for the thumper. I carried an M203 and the problem is that it takes a high volume of rounds to get proficient with it. The carry handle sight sucks. I imagine an M79 would be easier to learn and uses the same variety of useful ammo. Will you also need a stamp for every HEDP round? State explosives license and quantity distance calculations?

Attended several private shoots in eastern WA some decades ago. No NFA items. One explosives guy brought some dynamite (he had a license, he did demolition/etc.). There were several .50 BMG rifles. Invitation only and you only got invited if you had something unusual (mine were several rare bullpups, including an M1A).

The most interesting to me were the several variations on artillery. Muzzle loaded and one breech loaded (but still non-NFA, I forget the arcane rules). Mostly blackpowder. One mortar, several cannon. Some were smoothbore, several rifled. Some of the rifle were made from late era scrapped tank barrels. All very interesting, and non-NFA.

I did not see an option for a tactical nuke, so I voted M203 because of funzies. Downside is that it's $200+ actual cost for each live round, besides the launcher itself. I'd like to see a serialized, engraved Molotov though... :D

Bowling ball canon.

I have no freaking clue what is and isn't regulated as DDs. So if this isn't one, darn. It still sounds fun.

Bowling ball canon.

I have no freaking clue what is and isn't regulated as DDs. So if this isn't one, darn. It still sounds fun.

Canons aren't regulated, are they? The guys on mythbusters built a canon out of duct tape, launched bowling balls using gun powder, and didn't mention "don't do this unless you file the proper federal paperwork" - even in California, I don't think they have laws against canon. Which seems like a hilarious "oversight" - can you imagine building a house say, up in the hills overlooking Hollyweird, and building emplacements and towers and just surrounding the place with canons to fend off the hordes of zombies after a week of no power? :p Or building a "technical" using a 1989 Ford Ranger and a canon that launches 15lb bowling balls? :eek:

A little googlefu, they are not regulated. Sounds like there are folks making them themselves.

A little deeper digging and I learned cannons are not even regulated, expensive, but perfectly legal to buy. Black powder of coarse. Not anything that has cartridges like modern stuff.

If I had a bunch of property I'd look at getting something like this.

Would be a day of fun trying to find the darn things.

A little googlefu, they are not regulated. Sounds like there are folks making them themselves.

A little deeper digging and I learned cannons are not even regulated, expensive, but perfectly legal to buy. Black powder of coarse. Not anything that has cartridges like modern stuff.

If I had a bunch of property I'd look at getting something like this.

Would be a day of fun trying to find the darn things.

Group build of NWFA black powder canons? See who can launch a ball the farthest :D May need longer ranges out at Wolf Creek...

I believe non-NFA cannon (above .50" in diameter bore) need to be muzzle loaded and IIRC BP. The one I saw that was a breechloader, I forget how he got around that. I think maybe he screwed in the breech? I don't remember, it was decades ago.

My percussion cap blunderbuss on it's way might count as a cannon. I mean over 100 cal sounds pretty awesome. And besides, you look like a pirate. I vote you skip the nfa and join me going old school. There are also affordable mortar kites if you actually have a place to shoot them.

I still like that Russian RPG practice round that shoots 7.62x39 cartridges. Face bigsmyl.gif

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top