JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What makes for a good design?

ps: Microagression and privilege warnings.

Are there any pistols which are obvious for how to field strip them? Or, do you have to be shown and then when finding a new one, see that it likely works similarly to one you had been shown?

Guns are so diverse in thier designs that I have had to be shown how to strip pretty much every one (type).

Thanks to Youtube I can easily find a video for any gun I come across - I'm a visual learner and the manuals are not always easy for me to follow so videos are best for me.

That's true, back a few decades....well...several decades auto pistols and revolvers were similar enough to figure them out intuitively from experience with other, similar pieces. Today, however, the diversity of firearms cancels out much of that old stuff!
On the other hand, the last firearm that I needed instruction on was a Nagant revolver, issued in 1895! So much for my fabulous intuitive powers!o_O

As a PS, thanks Ric, I'd like to like that vid about three more times!

As a note I told my son that every door in a convenience store you push from the inside. Why he asked? Because the last #%*^}*ing thing you want to do with full hands is pull a door open.

Lightbulb moment.

Ergonomics is another way to look at it. A more natural and flow/feel to the object. Even a leftie can use a rightie designed object if it's designed right. Things don't need to be labeled as ambidextrous; just design it right.

Its also fire-code that all commercial exits open by pushing them open, that way during an emergency event (like a fire) you don't get a panicked throng of people pressing up against the door and thereby trapping themselves inside.

Many a people have died because of this.

Are there any pistols which are obvious for how to field strip them? Or, do you have to be shown and then when finding a new one, see that it likely works similarly to one you had been shown?

Certainly NOT Ruger MKII and MKIII. OR the Browning Buckmark! What sick minds came up with these guns. When I got my Buckmark I thought I'd take off the grips, just checking things out a bit. Parts fall out when you take the grips off a Buckmark! Oh, and the Cold Woodsman!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top