JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

As of today it is not possible to meet the 3rd quarter shipping date that we committed to. The earliest possible time that production guns could hit the streets is November/December timeline. I apologize for the additional delay but know that we are working as quickly and diligently as possible to make the MDR's absolutely fantastic. From this point forward I will post an update on the first day of every month until MDR's are shipping to keep you our valued customers in the loop.

Looks like a sweet bullpup.
Interesting ejection port.

PRODUCT OVERVIEW » MDR

image.jpeg

Dang it. I've been waiting for some YouTube gun channels to get some to test out for me before I drop the money. It's an awesome design, love that you can convert between 223 and 308. If Desert Tech's other guns are any indication it should be accurate too...

Well, they finally started shipping rifles, after several years of saying "any day now".

Waiting for the reviews and problems to be ironed out before I buy one - if I do.

So far sounds good, although no further mention of a conversion package in 7.62x39

For the price, a person could get several rifles, but most would not be bullpups and I do not know of any bullpup that would match the accuracy of a DT made bullpup.

In Range TV did a range test on this one today.

Forgotten Weapons covered the mechanical aspects.

From what I saw in the first video, I wouldn't ever invest in one. But to each their own.

In Range TV did a range test on this one today.

Forgotten Weapons covered the mechanical aspects.

From what I saw in the first video, I wouldn't ever invest in one. But to each their own.
I feel like the MDR was overhyped. They kept delaying it and some owners had quality issues. Tbh I'd rather wait till the Tavor 7 is out if I needed a .308 bullpup. Or if any military asks Steyr for a .308 bullpup wait till then, but doubt it.

I can't think of many new technology's that didn't have issues if you were an early adopter. The gen 1 Scar, acr, mpx, sig 556 and this goes on all had issues they had to work out. Tavor didn't because it had been Israel IDF battle rifle for 10+ years before went to the US civilian market.

Just as well we are not allowed to have it here in yUK. My shooting pal Ewen is the importer for the b/a rifles, and they themselves are VERY popular among those people with the necessary income to be able to afford them. However, none of us, were we allowed to do, would put up with paying >$6000 for something that worked when it felt like it. Mind you, I hafta say that it was only sulky when Ian shot it - twice...

Last Edited:
I can't think of many new technology's that didn't have issues if you were an early adopter. The gen 1 Scar, acr, mpx, sig 556 and this goes on all had issues they had to work out. Tavor didn't because it had been Israel IDF battle rifle for 10+ years before went to the US civilian market.

Did you get your MDR? What has your experience been with it, if you have?

I am a sucker for multi-purpose or multi-caliber capable firearms, especially bullpups, and I was seriously thinking about getting an MDR. But after all the delays, the broken promises (no 7.62x39 or 6mm as they originally mentioned), the cost, and the various problems, I lost interest. Now with IWI selling both 5.56 and 7.62x51 bullpups, and licensing the manufacture of a 7.62x39 bullpup (IIRC), I figured it would be better to just buy multiple rifles - especially if they were very similar.

So, IMO, the only thing the MDR has going for it (for my purposes), is the accuracy potential.

Right now I am more about filling in some small gaps in my armory and ammo stores, than I am about replacing what I already have.

DT had a window to sell the MDR, and they kept delaying because they couldn't get it right (if they are to be believed, it was due to supplier issues). Meanwhile IWI came out with a 7.62 Tavor and that window more or less closed.

Looks like a unique design on Bullpup chassis .
After Watching Vid. am I correct ? . that only way to visually clear 'look' to clear a chamber, is to flip over the MDR and look-up inside the Mag.well to see if the Chamber is free of a live round ?
Does it actually have an open ejection port when lock open the Bolt ?
If so ? at those times when I am at the Range and have to go cold . Is it possible to put a Chamber Flag in it to satisfy the RO's ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top