JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had one a few years ago. It was cool to show off and let everyone shoot just because its in all the movies but it really was not practical for me so I sold it. I did have the barrel sent to Magna-Port and that really did improve on the recoil/twisting. I never got the finger groove grips but I have heard that helps as well. It was fun to control that much power in a handgun and I think that is its main appeal. I don't reload so I stuck with the factory loads and really did not notice much difference between the loads in regards to bullet weight. I did not like the safety on mine because it was very hard to activate and deactivate. I might have been able to fix that and make it looser but I never shot it enough to care. My overall opinion is that it is a fun range toy. I suppose with the longer barrels and scoped it could be a good hunting platform for large game but I don't hunt so I can't really speak to that. Enjoy it, have fun, get it Magna-Ported if the recoil bothers you.

Here is a vid link of my DE50 after Magna-Porting.

th_celDE50AE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one a few years ago. It was cool to show off and let everyone shoot just because its in all the movies but it really was not practical for me so I sold it. I did have the barrel sent to Magna-Port and that really did improve on the recoil/twisting. I never got the finger groove grips but I have heard that helps as well. It was fun to control that much power in a handgun and I think that is its main appeal. I don't reload so I stuck with the factory loads and really did not notice much difference between the loads in regards to bullet weight. I did not like the safety on mine because it was very hard to activate and deactivate. I might have been able to fix that and make it looser but I never shot it enough to care. My overall opinion is that it is a fun range toy. I suppose with the longer barrels and scoped it could be a good hunting platform for large game but I don't hunt so I can't really speak to that. Enjoy it, have fun, get it Magna-Ported if the recoil bothers you.

Here is a vid link of my DE50 after Magna-Porting.

Thank you! I'll look into porting for sure!

th_celDE50AE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the only place in the area I have seen .50 AE so far is Keiths in Gresham. Has anyone else seen ammo around?

Does anyone have a DE .50 that reloads ammo? That would maybe be willing to load some rounds for me?

Last Edited:
I had a bright nickel mark XIX that I absolutely loved. I traded it off for a MSAR AUG w/ an EOtech 552 and $300 cash. The only reason it is gone is because of it being a great deal. I put the Hogue finger groove grips on and loved playing gangsta by shooting it one handed (accurately I will add). The only problem I ever had with mine was when I bought some second hand factory mags and loaded some Speer Golddot HP ammo and it wouldn't feed right. Ended up being the mag spring wasn't installed correctly. Ammo wise if there is a gun show and you find some BVAC ammo that seems to be the best deal on factory ammo I have found but pawned it off before I got into reloading

Yeah. I'm working on the ammo issue right now. Even if I buy it online, it still cost about the same as just going to Keiths or NW Armory to buy it. I'll save my brass and try and strike a deal with someone who has one on reloading I think.

I'm thinking about ordering one of the Houge grips as well. I've read that can make a huge difference. I'm also considering, as I stated earlier in the thread, the Mag Na Porting.

I'll probibly only ever shoot the thing like once or twice a year, but it's the 'I HAVE ONE' value too :)

Also, the only place in the area I have seen .50 AE so far is Keiths in Gresham. Has anyone else seen ammo around?

Does anyone have a DE .50 that reloads ammo? That would maybe be willing to load some rounds for me?

check, or call your local Bi-Mart. I know it sounds crazy, but I swear I saw some down here in Salem just the other day. At the time I was looking for some hard to find 257 Roberts. Bi-mart had 2 boxes.
As far as finding someone to reload for you, good luck. there's just too much liability IMO. I will tell you that reloading for 50AE is simple & straightforward.
Maybe this is a good excuse to get into reloading? Anyways, save your brass. My experience is that they tend to land with the case mouth up, which makes them hard to find in a gravel pit.
Good Luck with your new toy!, Mike.

check, or call your local Bi-Mart. I know it sounds crazy, but I swear I saw some down here in Salem just the other day. At the time I was looking for some hard to find 257 Roberts. Bi-mart had 2 boxes.
As far as finding someone to reload for you, good luck. there's just too much liability IMO. I will tell you that reloading for 50AE is simple & straightforward.
Maybe this is a good excuse to get into reloading? Anyways, save your brass. My experience is that they tend to land with the case mouth up, which makes them hard to find in a gravel pit.
Good Luck with your new toy!, Mike.

Yeah, I'm pretty weary of the working with someone to reload for me thing, but I dont really have the space for the equipment right now. Something I really want to do sometime soon though. I thought about Bi Mart but then figured, no way. I will give a call around to a few of them

thank a lot Mike

I have shoot them, and really want one. It's on my short list to get, however has been on the short list for a long time. Expensive to buy and to use and I have no real use for it other then the smile it brings to my face every time it goes boom.

That list is getting shorter.......

yeah, something about a handgun firing a 350 gr bullet, followed by a three foot fire ball that just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I got it knowing I could end up mostly keeping it put away, but I really wanted it just to have it... I justify it by calling it an 'investment' LOL :s0114: