JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all I don't know how many of you fish the Deschutes but I fished it last weekend and it was poor fishing up and down the river. I spoke to a ranger and he had talked to fifteen fisherman by 9 a.m. and only four fish had been caught including one of mine. I didn't count the 22'' chub that I caught- that took a little while on 4lb test, fun as heck too! We started at Beaver tail North of Maupin and went up stream. After not having any luck we turned and headed down stream and fished to the indian res.. It was great weather but poor fishing. We drove down passed Bend and started fishing again with no luck. We used beadhead nymphs and caddis. We also did some spin fishing with rooster tails- yellow/silver spinner, green/gold spinner, black/ silver spinner, rainbow/ gold spinner, white/ silver spinner, brown/ gold spinner. We also hit lake Billy and caught a few perch in a matter of minutes with green sparkling power bait.

Dude, Mecca Flat is the only place you need to go. Every time I go there slow day is 15-20, good day is 30ish. In the summer you can make it to the island at the camp ground and head down river and there is another one down further. Green flashback bead head, black flashback no bead and a few others are staples on that river that work all year around. No such thing as a bad day fishing there. I use a 4wt rod and it's a blast.

Hey Tap,
Shoot brother where were you a week ago!? Mecca Flats eh? Is this a name only locals know or is it on the Oregon map? Hit me back with some directions and I'll give the place a try next time I head over. Is there a money back garauntee? I appreciate the info man and Im looking forward to 30 fish!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top