Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dershowitz: 2A is absurd

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by boogerhook, Jul 28, 2015.

1. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...mendment-an-absurd-thing-in-our-constitution/

Best line: "Dershowitz contends that if you want a gun you should have to go to the police or other authorities, borrow a gun for self-defense purposes or hunting, then be required to return it when finished using it."

>>Dear home invader, please bear with me, I need to go to the police station to borrow a gun for self-defense, I'll be right back.<<

Dipbubblegum, if you don't like the 2nd go through the proper process and have it changed, repealed, or whatever.

Calling the 2nd "absurd" shows a pretty astounding lack of understanding history. The fact that this is unique to the US is not an error, in fact, it is one of the reasons I became a citizen.

jessieD, Joe Link and albin25 like this.
  2. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

"The fact that this is unique to the US is not an error, in fact, it is one of the reasons I became a citizen."

Hey, Me too!!

boogerhook likes this.
  3. PrDubi

PrDubi Deep in the heart of Dirty South Salem Active Member

Being overseas now makes me appreciate the 2nd more.

boogerhook likes this.
  4. aslinged

aslinged Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

This is the same guy wrapped up in the Clinton- Epstein- Prince Andrew sex tourism case, among others.

Calculating scum bag of the first order.

5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well then, Mr. Doucheawitz, you are certainly welcome to hop on the next plane out of Dodge. Get your freedom-hating a$$ out of the country. I am really astonished that such high-level professors make a good living teaching and defending positions like this. They are trying to re-write history and are managing to turn out scores of younger folks that actually believe these ridiculous statements.

6. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Its difficult to comprehend how so many prominant Jews are willing to support the agenda of our modern day oven builders.

7. etrain16

I find that surprising myself. I would think they would be big supporters of the 2nd amendment considering what their past history should be teaching them. But yet they seem to turn away from that, probably thinking, like many do, that history simply can't repeat itself, again.

Slobray, ZA_Survivalist and IheartSig like this.
  8. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

It's really sad just how prevalent this mindset is. No way any of those past atrocities could happen in our time. Fact is, human nature hasn't changed.

Slobray and etrain16 like this.
  9. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

That, or they are in fact agents acting on the behalf of the very same type of monsters with different faces.

Slobray and etrain16 like this.
  10. etrain16

Too true. I am always shocked when people tell me that things like what the Nazi's did in WWII could never happen again. When I ask why, they usually respond with something along these lines "we're more advanced as a society now, people would never let that happen again". Funny, they said the same thing after WWI, the "War to end all wars", yet there we were only 2 decades later doing it bigger and better.

If people in this country were less focused on celebrities, hero gender transformations, green living and under-inflated footballs, they might actually have the time to open their eyes and see what groups like ISIS are doing around the world. Too many folks don't want to think about unpleasant things like that (my mother, for one), so they go about their lives, blissfully ignorant to the potential precursors to yet another war on a global scale - or, perhaps, even more importantly, what their own government is doing right under their distracted noses.

The old saying that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it seems all to have become timeless. Take any group of folks 1,2, maybe 3 generations out of a great calamity, and they suddenly think they are indestructible. And that's exactly when history comes up and bites them on their ignorant a$$.

BDA.45, Slobray, orygun and 1 other person like this.
  11. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    etrain16 and orygun like this.
  12. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

"Dershowitz has been involved in several legal cases and is a commentator on the Arab–Israeli conflict.[6] As a criminal appellate lawyer, he has won 13 of the 15 murder and attempted murder cases he has handled,[7] and has represented a series of celebrity clients, including Mike Tyson, Patty Hearst, and Jim Bakker. His most notable cases include his role in 1984 in overturning the conviction of Claus von Bülow for the attempted murder of his wife, Sunny, and as the appellate adviser for the defense in the O.J. Simpson murder trial in 1995.[8]"

He has always been on the side of criminals in my opinion.

Slobray and orygun like this.
  13. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

Just another dipchit with an ignorant perspective.

14. Goosebrown

Goosebrown Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Mr. Dershowitz is welcome to use his money to fund a drive to amend the constitution. Go for it.

orygun and boogerhook like this.
  15. PrDubi

PrDubi Deep in the heart of Dirty South Salem Active Member

Another snobby elitist Jew...I feel sorry for him like every other Jew that believes in total gun control like schumer, feinstein, boxer, bloomberg, Wasserman Schultz and many many others. As if the death of 6 million jews is not enough to convince them that gun control is bad.

16. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

I think Derschobag should be required to go to his local city officials and request permission to speak freely each time he has a cognitive thought he'd like to share with the rest of us.