JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Early 2000s about 2am. Making a U-turn in an empty parking lot at fisherman's wharf in San Francisco. I see hundreds if not sever thousands rats in front of one of those wooden warehouses by the submarine and Liberty ship. During the day there are open markets and "fresh" seafood. I saw first hand what I'd heard about NYC rats. Invisible during the day.

Oh yeah, we camped on the beach at a nearby beach and the wharf rats scurrying around scared the crap out of us in our sleeping bags. Circa 1970 or so...

Even Brookings had wharf rats.

I shot at a crow this morning and missed. I feel like a loser. That is all.
Vindication! My wife, my kids, even my dogs are now looking up to me after these long months of shame.

I had changed up a number of things including layouts of the pens and overhead covers, and this morning, two crows had managed to trap themselves in a covered duck pen. One got free before I got there but the score is now 1 -1. I'm back in the game, baby!

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret,
Never to be told.
Eight for a wish,
Nine for a kiss,
Ten for a bird,
You must not miss.

To assuage your guilt, you can help the lives of other, disadvantaged crows: :s0140:

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret,
Never to be told.
Eight for a wish,
Nine for a kiss,
Ten for a bird,
You must not miss.

To assuage your guilt, you can help the lives of other, disadvantaged crows: :s0140:
That rhyme is for magpies.

That rhyme is for magpies.
Yes, I know, yet in the corvidae family.
Edit to add, Mary Black's rendition of Crow on the Cradle did not come to mind as I wrote my post. Otherwise I'd have posted a link to the song.
2nd edit to add: sadly, there are few threads where I might post a link to Martin Carthy's rendition of Bonny Black Hare (If I could find the one I saw ages ago).

Last Edited:
1625671269226.png

I think that Rod Stuart was THE boy for this kind of hairstyle. Ravens like Merlina here have it naturally.
Yes! Rod Stewart it was. Didn't Cindy Lauper have it too maybe. Heck, Wifey was wearing that spiked hair-do when we met in 1987! :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top