Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Department of State Lands "Unclaimed Property" What is this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by glockguy, May 17, 2010.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

So A co Worker of mine gets on this site http://www.oregon.gov/DSL every few months and checks for unclaimed property of people he knows to see if their name pops up. Well He did mine and i came up it says: This asset has a cash Value of over $50, and the Property type is: Claim Check Proceeds.... Iv honestly never heard of this but people i talk to have so yea.. Im all for sending in the info needed to get my "unclaimed property" whatever is may be But it asks for a photocopy of my Drivers license and of my SSC card, which I do not really want to sent my SS# through the mail for any one to steal. So I was just thinking about filling it all out and driving it up to their office in Salem.

Can Someone shed some light on this for me:confused:

2. gnarkill

gnarkill Richland, WA Member

http://www.unclaimed.org/

Go there. I did it a while back and filled out the info and got like 65 bucks in the mail a week later. It's just money you had in an old 401k or in some deposit somewhere. I dont remember having to fill in my SS # but maybe I did, I cant remember.

3. glockguy

That takes you to the same site after you click on OR

4. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

I deal w/ these guys occasionally, and yes, thats the process. ****, if its over $50, its gonna be worth the drive from Albany!

5. glockguy

So do they have a lil drop box or do i just show up at that address and give em my info?

6. cyclesurvival

cyclesurvival Vancouver Well-Known Member

Hey Thanks for the info. I just checked my fathers name he died last year and there were 3 unclaimed moneys. so i passed the info onto my stepmother hoping this gives here some extra cash.

7. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

you should call them first...I don't think they have alot of ppl working in that area, and I do know they are out alot going to financial institutions claiming assets of individuals w/ no know heirs.

8. glockguy

Yea np i just wanna do it safely with out sending our my ss# but at the same time when my wife changed he name on her SSC it came ion the mail last week lol... soo I dunno do you guys think i shoudl send it in? SS# and all? Cause unless i get off work early I wouldnt make it there befor they closed....