JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maybe cross reference to Preparedness.

Needs to be verified, multiple checks. But, still good to do the prevention.

TL;dr: Get bleeding gums fixed

We may finally know what causes Alzheimer's – and how to stop it
Gum disease is far more common than Alzheimer's. But "Alzheimer's strikes people who accumulate gingipains and damage in the brain fast enough to develop symptoms during their lifetimes," she says. "We believe this is a universal hypothesis of pathogenesis."

It is a huge fringe theory that all kinds of diseases are linked to mouth health, especially root canals. The thought is that the toxicity of the dead tooth never really gets removed during the root canal and then spreads throughout the body by way of the lymphatic system, causing everything from cancers to autoimmune disorders.

Interesting thought, but I'm not educated enough on the topic to have a semi informed opinion.

Interesting. I'll have to read more on this one. My maternal grandmother suffered from Alzheimer for years. She was one of the strongest persons I've ever known and watching that disease ravage her mind was horrible, and even more so for my mother. The first time she no longer recognized her daughter hit my mother like a freight train. I was the particular child out of six that was around that day. Unpleasant, to put it mildly.

But scientific advancement continues on. Some day, hopefully soon, it will be a distant nightmare like so many other diseases that have been cured. To quote Madame Curie, "I am among those who think that science has great beauty."

Sore gums are a sign that your immune system may be getting taxed unnecessarily. Spending 2-3 minutes once a day with a water pick gets rid of what was making my gums sore & eating my teeth. I didn't even begin brushing my teeth regularly until I was 40 y/o and read an article linking oral health with heart health. I used to have to get 3-4 cleanings done whenever I visited the dentist:eek:

Something for those suffering from gum disease. Google up bleach for periodontal disease.
Periodontal effects of 0.25% sodium hypochlorite twice-weekly oral rinse. A pilot study. - PubMed - NCBI

Back in '07 I was up for the horrifying (to me) gum surgery. They wouldn't do it because of my high blood pressure. Didn't know I had hypertension. Got that taken care of and ended up with a quack, gung ho, going to do all four quads and a bone graft in one sitting. "Chp Ch" at Willamette Dental. I'll PM his name if anyone is with Willamette Dental and would like to know. Any ways, I had a great dentist that suggested I might try the bleach treatment in the Water Pic. I did that for roughly 32 weeks at twice a week. Something else I believe helped, and there's evidence on the web, is a run of antibiotics to go along with the bleach treatment. I'd got a small infection under on of my molars so had the run of antibiotics during my bleach usage. I had measurements of 5-7 and even a couple 10-12s turned to 2s-4s.

Just something to consider if you've been diagnosed with periodontal disease that isn't real bad yet. I believe it's possible, and have anecdotal evidence, some of the medical profession try to get people that are INSURED in for more work that isn't absolutely necessary. You know, to help cover those without insurance.

Thanks Mikej, you finally showed me a good point about my sh1tty health insurance--it should keep that unnecessary work at bay

Do your research on this. Discuss it with your dentist. I'll tell you, it's nasty. The taste is terrible. But yo do get used to it somewhat. The way I did it was use a surgical glove on my hand. The bleach water makes your hand slimy and it's hard to rinse off the smell. And I rinsed my mouth lightly with water with right after, and then swished lightly with the Listerine complete stuff. I figured the bleach water had blasted deep into the gums so some rinsing wasn't going to affect that. Did I mention it's nasty? I didn't notice the blackening of the enamel that's mentioned from using the bleach solution. One other thing, the cheapest bleach is much weaker than some of the more expensive stuff.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top