JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
might be stupid but I only turn to hard cup primers when I start piercing primers due to pressure working up loads ....but I don't want to give up speed. I drop the charge down a little go to 450's and start working back up, works for me .
I have never even heard of anyone having a slam fire, not that it cant happen

Look it up. I live 40 miles from the CCI plant. I have several shooting buddies that work there.
If the other primers work for you, and you feel comfortable using them, go for it. Im just telling you what you should do. And what i was told to do,from people that make millions of rounds (for the military ). But your friends,probably manufacture bullets for the public,right? Again the white box CCI primers are for military, free floating firing pin weapons. Infact its stated on the box.
I have used other primers, with no problems, never a slam fire. But its not what you are supposed to do. The CCI primers are made from a thicker material, to alleviate this problem. They will still dent.

FYI, this is common with most AR-15s. This is a known flaw...I've personally seen an M4 slam fire from a rifle that was slung on a soldier's back...soldier jumped down off a truck (FMTV) and it went off. Rifle was on SAFE and luckily was pointed in a safe direction. Also saw an M16 do the same...guy was jumping into the back of a truck (M998) and the buttstock being slammed on the tailgate slam-fired it. Shot another soldier in the back (he was okay).

Months of chambering the same bullet repeatedly in Afghanistan we noticed the primers looked like a bombed out hillside. We never had any of them go off, but the constant taps made us worried enough to cycle the rounds in our magazines throughout the year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top