JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heard him on Lars L. show today, missed a lot of it but didn't hear any gun stance questions.
Glanced at his web page bio and saw he was a combat helicopter pilot but nothing on gun laws he is for or against.
Some biased story popped up when I googled (Dennis Richardson guns), says he thought teachers should be armed to prevent mass shootings etc. and how stupid he was blagh, blagh, blagh.
Based on the way the story was written, the Anti- Gunners sure hate Dennis Richardson. In my book that's an endorsement!

Has he walked that armed teachers statement back or is he just laying low on gun rights to get a chance to be elected?

I bleev I've heard him on Lars before stating that he's pro-gun, pro carry (I bleev he also has a CHL?)

(not really directly related, butDr. Weby also has indicated she's pro 2A but isn't a gun enthusiast. Don't remember if she owns a gun or not. She's still a head and shoulders better candidate than Jeff Smirk-ley as a Senator)

I reeeeeeeeeeally hope Rep. Richardson can oust Kitzhaber, but it's going to be a battle for sure. Too many stupid, non thinking, blindly party voting, or entitlement minded types out there for Richardson to have a big margin in this one. I wouldn't rule out a need for a recount on this election. I bet both sides holler voter fraud - not necessarily the candidates themselves, but their backers if the numbers are close.

Heard him on Lars L. show today, missed a lot of it but didn't hear any gun stance questions.
Glanced at his web page bio and saw he was a combat helicopter pilot but nothing on gun laws he is for or against.
Some biased story popped up when I googled (Dennis Richardson guns), says he thought teachers should be armed to prevent mass shootings etc. and how stupid he was blagh, blagh, blagh.
Based on the way the story was written, the Anti- Gunners sure hate Dennis Richardson. In my book that's an endorsement!

Has he walked that armed teachers statement back or is he just laying low on gun rights to get a chance to be elected?

HERE IS OFF RATINGS
I tend to Support Kevin Starrett's recommendations over anything else.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/2014-Elections05.06.14.pdf

Here is a great deal of information on Richardson also.
Just a simple search and related mostly to his stands on firearms issues.
https://www.google.com/search?num=100&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=low or no salt fish and meat recipies&oq=low or no salt fish and meat recipies&gs_l=serp.12...40192.69795.0.75960.37.36.0.1.1.0.274.5485.1j31j2.34.0....0...1c.1.48.serp..6.31.4844.gmrwsposvce#num=100&as_qdr=all&q=oregon firearms federation Dennis Richardson

All State and Federal Elections this year will make or break our Nation. Put out an extreme effort to get every man and woman over the age of 18 out to the polls and with the knowledge of who to vote for to regain and save our Republic. This is it folks, and will make or break the State and the Nation.

Last Edited:
I've written to Dennis before regarding 2A issues. He's made it very clear in personal responses to my emails that he is pro-2A and was actually the first person to point out to me that the Oregon Constitution goes a step further than the US Constitution in that the state Constitution explicitly states that the right to bear arms is for self defense. I've contacted him on a few other issues over the years - he's always responded personally, which is something I can't say for any other politician I've written. He's getting my vote.

I don't think Richardson has backed off his gun views. A few months old but I think he's trying to not make headlines on gun issues trying to beat a dem governor. Politics involves cherry picking and using parts of statwments. A very reaching headline of "Dennis Richardson Wants Every Teacher to Carry a Gun" wouldn't be very helpful.

Here's how I see their positons:

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/04/dennis_richardsons_conservativ.html
Richardson says he continues to believe that schools would be safer if teachers were allowed to carry guns. But he thinks it should be left to individual districts, not the state, to decide.

As governor, he says, he would put more resources into mental health programs to identify people with illnesses and "help them before they act out."

Even if Richardson retreated considerably from his previous positions he would still be a substancial improvement over the Kitzhaber on gun rights. Kitzhaber would've gladly signed signifigant gun control bills last year.

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/01/tougher_oregon_gun_laws_get_go.html

Nonetheless, he said, he has no objections to laws aimed at restricting the kinds of weapons and ammunition used in theshootings at the Clackamas Town Centermall and the Connecticut elementary school.

"I don't know why anyone would need an assault rifle in this day and age," Kitzhaber said. "I don't know why anyone would resist a ban on guns in schools."

I would bet money and give odds to anyone who thinks Richardson would take a similar position to Kitzhaber.

Last Edited:
<snip>...the Oregon Constitution goes a step further than the US Constitution in that the state Constitution explicitly states that the right to bear arms is for self defense....<snip>

This provision in the Oregon Constitution would allow banning the bearing of arms for any other purpose. Since I am in Idaho, I don't have a dog in this fight, but, if I did, I would want this candidate to clarify his views on firearm ownership, possession, and use.

This provision in the Oregon Constitution would allow banning the bearing of arms for any other purpose. Since I am in Idaho, I don't have a dog in this fight, but, if I did, I would want this candidate to clarify his views on firearm ownership, possession, and use.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I've had email exchanges with him, and he has always stood up for the right to keep and bear arms, as well as the right to carry. He has very consistently voted against any measures that would threaten any of those rights. OFF (Oregon Firearms Federation) gives him an "A" rating when it comes to gun issues. Compare that with our current Gov. who gets and "F-" and has actively worked against rights for firearms owners. They stand opposed to each other and I am personally confident that Dennis Richards is the only real choice for Governor in this election.

Isn't the governor getting married to try to stem a hemorrhage of potential voters??
Of course I can understand why the chickie wouldn't want to take his name . . .

Sheldon

The text of the last email I received from him...

"I appreciate hearing your views on the movement for more gun control laws. The focus should be on enforcing the laws we already have to prevent firearms from falling into the hands of violent criminals and those who are mentally unstable.

The call for greater security almost always comes at the expense of liberty. History shows that before tyranny can replace a democracy or republic, the people first must be disarmed.

By restricting the ability of citizens to protect themselves from violent criminals, we would merely make law abiding citizens more vulnerable to gun-toting sociopaths.

I remain a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment."

'nuff said...

(not really directly related, butDr. Weby also has indicated she's pro 2A but isn't a gun enthusiast. Don't remember if she owns a gun or not. She's still a head and shoulders better candidate than Jeff Smirk-ley as a Senator)"

I shot trap with Wehby recently and she's a good shot and comfortable handling a shotgun (unlike pretender Obama). She's pro-gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top