Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Denizens of Vancouver unite...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Thebastidge, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

Hi, New to the forum, got a message from Joey Link over on opencarry.org, where I've participated off and on for several years. I've joined as a sponsoring member of this forum.

I live in Vancouver, although I am currently in Kabul as a contractor with US Forces-Afghanistan (USFOR-A). I'm a veteran (USAF), I work in IT security, I'm an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, and avid Scuba Diver.

My family lives in the Couve as well, and we have recently (Oct 2010) started a shop there catering to outdoors enthusiasts, preppers, EMS, LE, Military etc. We are prepared (lol) to be the part of the face of the prepper movement, to encourage public-private partnerships in disaster preparedness, and to be a source of supplies, equipment, and information to individuals who believe in being prepared for anything.

We'll be offering courses in public safety like NRA Firearms Safety, CPR/First Aid, etc. We also plan to work closely with Medical Reserve Corps and CERT to provide training opportunities and information.

I've sent "friend" requests to a few people who live in our area, feel free to send one to me if you do also. I'm also active in the Oregon and Washington Preppers fora (American Preppers Network • View forum - Washington Preppers Network Forum and American Preppers Network • View forum - Oregon Preppers Network Forum) where we are also sponsors. As I mentioned, I'm active on opencarry.org, and I'm also on Shooters Northwest and Prepper Groups.

I personally blog at Thebastidge and you'll find the link to the facebook page for my shop with lots of links to events of interest on my shop's website at Southwest Washington Surplus (pardon the placeholder website, the permanent one is being built right now and should be live in a few days) or directly to our facebook page: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. Would you be offering a wilderness first aid course?

3. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

The business is very new, but that's something I would like to do in the future. Right now, my instructors have taught basic CPR/First AID and First AID for Scuba divers... Unfortunately, my main instructor just left to come over here to Afghanistan, so I'm working on getting my other instructors cross-trained. Should be soon.

4. Page.k

Page.k Seattle Active Member

Good to have you with us... Stay safe over in that big sand box and come back to hit the range with us some time..