JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They deny it, they give you a refund but it takes a few weeks, you have to resubmit. I made one dumb mistake on my form and had to do the whole thing over, and float another 200 for like 3 weeks.:mad:

I remember getting a letter from Tech Branch requesting clarification on a
SBR (F1) application. I called the number provided and had a 5 minute
conversation and the correction was made. A few months later, I received
the approval paperwork in the mail. Anecdotal...I'm not suggesting this
is the norm or exception. I don't know.

I remember getting a letter from Tech Branch requesting clarification on a
SBR (F1) application. I called the number provided and had a 5 minute
conversation and the correction was made. A few months later, I received
the approval paperwork in the mail. Anecdotal...I'm not suggesting this
is the norm or exception. I don't know.

Figures I would get screwed:p

Thanks, I'm hoping they will call/understand the error. It wasn't my fault, it was an error with the eform system not having the appropriate fields to fill. We'll see.

From what I've read, and my own experience and those of others, there are some errors that will result in a letter being sent out, while there are others that simply get it denied. With the former, if you supply the correction, it should be approved in relatively short order. If you don't reply within the time window they specify, it gets kicked back as "denied".

I have only had one filing (F4) have an issue, the rest of the builds (F1) and transfers (F4) went through without a hitch. On the one with the issue, the ATF sent out an error letter requesting a missing page from my trust, it was supplied, and my form was approved. It was relatively painless other than the fact the FFL/SOT person handling the transfer was a grossly incompetent, but that is another matter.

Best of luck and let us know how it turns out. :)

So suprisingly the ATF answered my email extremely quickly, I sat there and had an email conversation waiting only minutes for replies with the agent.

I showed them what I did and asked what to do and they confirmed I messed up and advised I pull/cancel the app and they will refund the money and resubmit with the correct info in the system and it should go through no problem.

I'm just waiting on Form 4 to be back because then I'd be alot more interested in buying a few more silencers. I just submitted a paper Form 4 for a .30 can, let the wait begin.

Hence the reason I paid a shop $30 to process my paperwork and verify it was all accurate.

:eek:

Hence the reason I paid a shop $30 to process my paperwork and verify it was all accurate.

:eek:
A shop could have messed this up just as bad as I did, the ATF doesn't have any instructions for the E-file system so it's hard to know what to do. But it turns out they are very helpful and responsive to emails.

I sent in 2 Form 1's at the same time. I got them both back needing corrections. I make the requested changes and included photos to explain some questions they had about the MP5 clone I was going to SBR. I got my stamps about 3 weeks later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top