JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After 9 months of waiting today I received a letter of denial from BATFE for a suppressor transfer. Tomorrow the appeal process starts. I have a UPIN so maybe a phone call and the number will fix it. There is no place for the UPIN on the forms and that worried me as I have trouble with the BGC without it. Very frustrating.

What the hell. So, 48 years later, almost a half century, equals "unlawful user"? :confused:
Not unlawful user, convicted of a crime that could have resulted in a sentence of more than one year in prison. They are wrong about the maximum sentence but won't do the research on the maximum sentence. That's up to me to challenge it. I have successfully appealed 2 denials in the past but is long process and PIA. They need a spot for the IPIN on the forms like the 4473.

The way I read the laws, that would be enough, unless you have gotten that expunged.
No it is not unless it carries a possible sentence over one year in prison which it did not. My experience is that misdemeanors can't be expunged. I have appealed it before but takes a long time and PITA.

In Oregon, a misdemeanor, and Class C felonies, can be expunged. I don't know about in Washington, but I'd have to imagine it is possible, particularly a conviction that old. Maybe time to consult a lawyer in your home state?

No it is not unless it carries a possible sentence over one year in prison which it did not. My experience is that misdemeanors can't be expunged. I have appealed it before but takes a long time and PITA.
I should have added that I have passed the NICS BGC probably close to a hundred times over the years. This is a mistake and it's on me to show them.

I should have added that I have passed the NICS BGC probably close to a hundred times over the years. This is a mistake and it's on me to show them.
Well, Good Luck. It does sound like you have a chance. If you have passed the NICS check, then it does sound like a mistake. Good Luck!

Obama had one job according to the unwashed masses who voted him in, twice. One Job! Remove Marijuana from Schedule One.

Also, Trump had one job according to the Patriotic Americans who voted him in. Tax free suppressors.

I guess all politicians disappoint.

Called BATFE at 6 this morning and learned from 2 polite ladies that the letter from them is just to inform me that I was denied on the NICS BGC. They can't do anything about that and I have to get paperwork from the dealer to submit an appeal to the FBI. The shop is in a different town and hopefully I can get there this afternoon to start the process.

The sins of youth have a way of resurging in later life. If I were to bet, the DOJ is on firm ground......I can't imagine why it couldn't be expunged unless there are other issues. Jeff Sessions hates Marijuana. Probably will require an approximate lawyer to get it done correctly.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top