JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would it have helped to include a letter explaining the deal about the IPIN?
The lady who handles the paperwork for suppressors at my ffl is working on trying to get batf to run the background check again using the UPIN. There was no place on their form for a UPIN and when I talked to them they didn't know what it was. Still waiting for a response. The "instant background check" is seldom instant for me.

Not unlawful user, convicted of a crime that could have resulted in a sentence of more than one year in prison. They are wrong about the maximum sentence but won't do the research on the maximum sentence. That's up to me to challenge it. I have successfully appealed 2 denials in the past but is long process and PIA. They need a spot for the IPIN on the forms like the 4473.
Can't you get that expunged?

Can't you get that expunged?
I don't know. It's a misdemeanor from about 1970 and did not carry a potential sentence over one year. The BGC contractors just guessed at it and did not do research. It's a mistake. They are not FBI agents. If you use a UPIN then FBI take over the BGC and keep your records open and I would get a proceed.

I don't know. It's a misdemeanor from about 1970 and did not carry a potential sentence over one year. The BGC contractors just guessed at it and did not do research. It's a mistake. They are not FBI agents. If you use a UPIN then FBI take over the BGC and keep your records open and I would get a proceed.

Might be worth looking into just to avoid this type of stuff. This is what I found with a quick google search:

Washington State Expungement Guide| Clear Your Criminal Record

Read the section titled, "VACATING A WASHINGTON STATE CRIMINAL RECORD".

The lady who handles the paperwork for suppressors at my ffl is working on trying to get batf to run the background check again using the UPIN. There was no place on their form for a UPIN and when I talked to them they didn't know what it was. Still waiting for a response. The "instant background check" is seldom instant for me.
Anyway, best of luck getting this resolved.

Well the lady who handles the NFA paperwork at my LGS called and after phone conversations and e-mails with supervisors at ATF they will not budge on their denial or procedures. They don't even know what a UPIN is so won't use it in the BGC. Their only response is to resubmit the paperwork and will not put it at the front of the line. Of course the likelihood of approval is no better than the first submital. At my age I'm done agonizing over it and will take a refund or store credit at my choice. I have successfully appealed two denials in the past with zero help from the ffls involved and want to thank Freds Guns in Carlsborg/Sequim WA for going the extra mile to help. She did ask a supervisor at ATF if they only do the basic NICS call why can't we just go to them in the first place. Of course silly question.

After 9 months of waiting today I received a letter of denial from BATFE for a suppressor transfer. Tomorrow the appeal process starts. I have a UPIN so maybe a phone call and the number will fix it. There is no place for the UPIN on the forms and that worried me as I have trouble with the BGC without it. Very frustrating.

I also have a UPIN, and I realize its been awhile since this thread was posted, I just wanted you to know that there is a spot for you to put your number on a Form 1. There might not have been when you filed, but there is now. I hope you give it another go.

I also have a UPIN, and I realize its been awhile since this thread was posted, I just wanted you to know that there is a spot for you to put your number on a Form 1. There might not have been when you filed, but there is now. I hope you give it another go.
It's good to know they fixed their forms. At the time the ATF said there was no appeal process and they didn't know what a UPIN was. I'm too old to go through this process again. I have considered getting a C&R but worried about the same situation. I really don't need anymore guns. I said that!

Is
It's good to know they fixed their forms. At the time the ATF said there was no appeal process and they didn't know what a UPIN was. I'm too old to go through this process again. I have considered getting a C&R but worried about the same situation. I really don't need anymore guns. I said that!
Save the money on forms. Spend it on pot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top