JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This does not count case prep, but that is easy.

Really? I must be doing something wrong. I've always held that once I was finished with proper case preparation, the rest was the easy part. Cleaning, inspecting, lubing, sizing, rinsing or tumbling, maybe cleaning primer pockets, and trimming (or checking for trim) all take time. Maybe you didn't watch your dad do this part; or maybe he was using all new brass cases.

Back on topic, I've thought in recent years that we might expect a federal ban on remote sales (used to be called "mail order") of ammo. It was banned from 1968 to 1986, then we got it back. The background check for ammo was likely inspired by the NY and Calif. models. The California version has taken this into consideration in that buyers must route out of state sales through an Calif. FFL dealer to take possession. And during the course of this the background check provision must be satisfied.

The other one I'm waiting to see in the news concerns sale of propellant. Some young congressional intern will someday say, "You mean people can go out and buy as much (GP) as they want?? Without a permit?? Without paperwork????" That intern will then go whisper into the shell-like ear pan of his/her boss, who will then go take it up with a committee chair or whatever, and the bandwagon will start to roll.

And how about the possible ban of all Pb-containing bullets? That's been discussed from time to time.

Really? I must be doing something wrong. I've always held that once I was finished with proper case preparation, the rest was the easy part. Cleaning, inspecting, lubing, sizing, rinsing or tumbling, maybe cleaning primer pockets, and trimming (or checking for trim) all take time. Maybe you didn't watch your dad do this part; or maybe he was using all new brass cases.

Back on topic, I've thought in recent years that we might expect a federal ban on remote sales (used to be called "mail order") of ammo. It was banned from 1968 to 1986, then we got it back. The background check for ammo was likely inspired by the NY and Calif. models. The California version has taken this into consideration in that buyers must route out of state sales through an Calif. FFL dealer to take possession. And during the course of this the background check provision must be satisfied.

The other one I'm waiting to see in the news concerns sale of propellant. Some young congressional intern will someday say, "You mean people can go out and buy as much (GP) as they want?? Without a permit?? Without paperwork????" That intern will then go whisper into the shell-like ear pan of his/her boss, who will then go take it up with a committee chair or whatever, and the bandwagon will start to roll.

And how about the possible ban of all Pb-containing bullets? That's been discussed from time to time.
You are correct and I was making it sound easier than it can be. I do reload, but on a single stage press for maybe 8 different cartridges - mostly straight wall cases. My Dad had it down to a science, and yes I watched him carefully as a kid/teen. He even cast his own bullets. When you get into military brass and those with a shoulder, it can get more intensive to properly reload.

Wasserman-Schultz was sanctioned by DNC in 2016 for illegal activity....yet she continues to hold office. Remarkable. Oh...I forgot....she's a Dem. Her rationale is that filling this "loophole" will save lives. I really think their brains are infected. And of course....it is just in keeping with the new trend to gallop toward disarmament. But if we were to expand on her logic of passing bills to save lives, we would be offered new laws to arm and train all law-abiding American citizens. THAT.... would save lives. And Oregon would not be sliding more sanctuary State laws into place by stealth. HB 2932.
You make an excellent post! Case in point: The shooter who went to the Clackamas Town Center intended to slaughter more than two people that day. Ater killing two and injuring a few, he stopped shooting because he sensed he had become a target! And indeed he had! Sensing it, he looked in the direction of someone with a concealed weapons permit to see a weapon pointed at him. He ran and never fired again in public. Insensible people don't realize how a handgun prevented maybe the worst massacre from ever happening. Interestingly, the families of the two dead victims at the CTC advocated for Oregon Bill 501 in January (that failed to pass), limiting guns to holding no more than five rounds and ammo purchases to 20 rounds per month. Anyone with an average IQ should realize those responsible for greatly eliminating free speech through political correctness are now after the second amendment right to bear arms! The same group that wants the electoral college abolished are the same ones who now want to scrap the "antiquated" Constitution; as well as eliminate the USA as a sovereign nation and embrace globalism. It used to be that I could call a shovel a shovel. Now, political correctness (there's nothing correct about politics) has restricted free speech in public; as well, we are observing the eroding away of the gun rights of law-abiding citizens. And we are supposed to remain calm about it, since love for all is their proper motivation for such deviousness!

You make an excellent post! Case in point: The shooter who went to the Clackamas Town Center intended to slaughter more than two people that day. Ater killing two and injuring a few, he stopped shooting because he sensed he had become a target! And indeed he had! Sensing it, he looked in the direction of someone with a concealed weapons permit to see a weapon pointed at him. He ran and never fired again in public. Insensible people don't realize how a handgun prevented maybe the worst massacre from ever happening. Interestingly, the families of the two dead victims at the CTC advocated for Oregon Bill 501 in January (that failed to pass), limiting guns to holding no more than five rounds and ammo purchases to 20 rounds per month. Anyone with an average IQ should realize those responsible for greatly eliminating free speech through political correctness are now after the second amendment right to bear arms! The same group that wants the electoral college abolished are the same ones who now want to scrap the "antiquated" Constitution; as well as eliminate the USA as a sovereign nation and embrace globalism. It used to be that I could call a shovel a shovel. Now, political correctness (there's nothing correct about politics) has restricted free speech in public; as well, we are observing the eroding away of the gun rights of law-abiding citizens. And we are supposed to remain calm about it, since love for all is their proper motivation for such deviousness!
:s0101:

E7EFDE8C-7376-49D6-AE88-C49A74A27D85.jpeg

Won't be a popular opinion but we're reaping as a society what we've allowed on our watch.

I say this because if we believe we can't win our Country back or that our vote and voices don't count, then allow ourselves to crawl into the fetal position and weep, then we've already lost.

We're in the midst of a "Cultural War" so heed the call and get active.
I missed this and you are SPOT ON!!! I guess the question is how to become active? Too much momentum has crippled the first amendment, we no longer have the freedom to talk openly about what is going on. So, the first amendment has been axed and the second is well on the way! Clearly, society has been waging a war for decades, only it has intensified in the last 12 years. American values have been eroding and continue to do so. The media is a very big part of this eroding of values. I have never in my lifetime seen the White House taken hostage and an election be so vehemently resisted. I think most of us see the PROBLEM, but, so far, we haven't come together to oppose the takeover that is occurring. I had a conversation with a relative who is a gun owner, and he sees no solution to the current dilemma. But, he believes something will intervene to oppose those who have anti-American values. I don't think, though, that his optimistic thinking will succeed through passive behavior. I will admit, I'm not sure what active measures should be taken? Voting in elections is one way, although it even appears that maybe we are losing that option. Here's our biggest issue, most of the populace lives in the cities, and they are deciding who is elected and what we will be as a nation. Sadly, this force is huge, ominous, and intends to take no hostages. This country is in reverse, and I have lost any hope of Washington DC bailing us out!!!

we no longer have the freedom to talk openly about what is going on. So, the first amendment has been axed/etc

"It ain't over till WE say it's over"

Your fears ain't a new thing, and crap like this has been churning since before the 1960s. Marketing and sloganeering may move some to the DNC, with their thugees doing what they can to intimidate the rest of us.

Years ago on a barn roof outside Salem was a phrase I marveled at for decades.
At first I was young & not sure what it meant. Over time the meaning became more obvious.

I don't believe it was strictly in the Biblical sense:

"Soldiers of the Cross, armor Up".

"It ain't over till WE say it's over"

Your fears ain't a new thing, and crap like this has been churning since before the 1960s. Marketing and sloganeering may move some to the DNC, with their thugees doing what they can to intimidate the rest of us.

Years ago on a barn roof outside Salem was a phrase I marveled at for decades.
At first I was young & not sure what it meant. Over time the meaning became more obvious.

I don't believe it was strictly in the Biblical sense:

"Soldiers of the Cross, armor Up".
Just about anywhere you go on the Internet, this forum, Facebook, political correctness is insisted on as a modi operandi. I get it! Rules have to be in place to keep the discourse respectful. Although, PC has crossed the line and become ridiculous; and, subtly infringed on our Freedom of Speech.

Why stop at 16? Why not let informed 10 year olds vote? We already let illegal immigrants and dead people to vote, even multiple times... what difference does it make now anyway?

What would be YOUR definition of 'informed'??? :s0003:

I would support unborn babies to vote on whether they should be killed, or not!! :s0030:

Last Edited:
Ummmmm. Don't know about that. The 'super smart' seem to be very good at being criminals, oh, er, politicians. Maybe they don't need to be a lot smarter than the rest of us?????
Yes, there's intelligence, and, then, wisdom that goes with intelligence; and wisdom gives intelligence the ability to discern what is right and wrong! Discernment, therefore, is greatly lacking in this world, and it is why wrong is now right and right is wrong!

Yes, there's intelligence, and, then, wisdom that goes with intelligence; and wisdom gives intelligence the ability to discern what is right and wrong! Discernment, therefore, is greatly lacking in this world, and it is why wrong is now right and right is wrong!

Yeah. There seems to be a propensity now to define truth, as an opinion!! :s0054:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top