JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1500
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
9mm
City
Goldendale
State
Washington
1500.00 or best offer.

This a pre-ban semi-auto carbine 9mm that is fired from an open bolt. The TAC-1 and its predecessors are one of the few open bolt firearms that it is grandfathered by the BATFE and is legal to own and sell in the United States.

The TAC-1 is an open bolt, blowback-operated firearm that uses a screw-delayed blowback operation that was first used on Mikhail Kalashnikov's submachine gun prototype.

The weapon has a grip safety as well as a safety lever on the left side of the receiver, over the pistol grip. This version also has a combination lock above the trigger near the safety lever. The magazine release is found behind the magazine well, and the charging knob is on the left side of the upper receiver. The stock, pistol grip, and foregrip of the TAC-1 are wooden.The barrel is 16" in length.

Comes disassembled in a nice case that measures approx. 12 x 17 inches...with a 32 round magazine and loader as well.

The wood is in excellent condition...it does show some wear marks, and some slight surface rust on the top of the receiver on the right side, as shown in the pics. I've seen a few of these over the years, and overall this is in really good condition. I assembled and test fired it, and all works very well.

Demro1.jpg

Demro2.jpg

Demro4.jpg

Demro5.jpg

Demro6.jpg

Demro7.jpg

Demro8.jpg

Demro9.jpg

Demro10.jpg

Demro11.jpg

Demro12.jpg

Demro13.jpg

Demro14.jpg

Demro15.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Too cool! Looks like a "Tommy gun" from a distance!

Although it is visually similar to the Thompson submachine gun the operation and design is quite different. The design is a closer cousin to the Soviet PPSh-41. The TAC-1 and its predecessors are one of the few open bolt firearms that it is grandfathered by the BATFE and is legal to own and sell in the United States.
Demro TAC-1 - Wikipedia

Parts are even available...
The Fox Carbine

Very cool gun. I did not know these were out there. Not to be a party pooper. But "ANY" open bolt gun is legal to own if it was manufactured before 1986. I have a open bolt MAC-10 manufactured in 1983.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.