JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now, Why would the Dept. of Atomic energy be the ONLY exception for being allowed to carry "Silencers"?

These asshats have absolutely ZERO comprehension about what they are trying to legislate, only that is sounds good to their sponsors!

Menendez is a wonderful example of why people refer to New Jersey as New York's retarded little brother. Indicted on corruption charges (dropped, ultimately) and admonished for ethical violations yet still wins re-election.

He put this forward in 2019 and is re-hashing it. Hopefully Manchin walks down to his office and slaps him.

Term limits now
While I have long said I would support law makers of all kinds, including black robes limited,it's not the real problem. Voters put the same morons back in office time after time. So looks like the morons who vote in morons would just vote in a new moron. Then get over the top mad when anyone tells them facts about the latest moron they voted for. :s0054:

Viva la revolución!!!!!
i hear ya. everytime someone or some group/entity wants to do something or does something all the do nothing fudd gunowners balk at it like "oh no thats NOT what they shoulda done,look at those idiots, no one needs a 30rnd mag anyway..." and then continue to do nothing. my fear of an actual revolution is seemingly bleak. what is it ACTUALLY going to take to stand up to the feds? door to door confiscation? too little too late by then i say.

Last Edited:
Well you know all those hoods running around doing dirt with their silencers. Silent death everywhere. :s0125:

This and all the rest of the BS is nothing short of a full-on frontal assault on the 2A. They are not even trying to hide behind the "common sense gun control" cry, they want it all and they are making no bones about it. They are literally throwing all the chit they can and seeing what sticks. 2022 can not come fast enough.

As of today, the Democrats have thrown in the Help Empower Americans to Respond (HEAR) Act:

"Gun silencers and suppressors are dangerous and don't belong in our communities. They hide the sound of gunfire from potential victims and law enforcement. Removing them will save lives," said Sen. Feinstein.

"Gun silencers are dangerous devices with one purpose and one purpose only – to muffle the sound of gunfire from unsuspecting victims," said Sen. Menendez. "The sound of gunshots is what signals you to run, hide, take cover, call the police and help others save themselves; however, this is nearly impossible when a gun silencer is used. That is why we must pass the HEAR Act, commonsense legislation that will prevent armed assailants from using these deadly devices to make it easier to shoot and kill another person."

"Silencers are not tools of self-defense, they are tools of murder," said Congresswoman Watson Coleman. "They have no legal application which is why law enforcement officials around the country have been calling for their elimination. The HEAR Act will save lives and is part of the common sense approach to firearms legislation that polls show has widespread support among voters on both sides of the aisle."

Are silencers a legit problem in the USA? Well, I know that you know that they're not. But here's some data to bolster the point:

There's a lot of good analysis in this report, but I'm particularly fond of this chart:

1618557646996.png

And this quote:
In 1986 Congress adopted a 20-year enhanced sen- tence for crimes committed with a silencer–and this was increased to 30 years in 1988.6 Congressional debates contain no clear statement of reasons why the additional penalty for use of silencers was enacted.

It would seem that Congress has long known little about the actual use of a baffled tube on the end of a gun and that history and the evolution of the above law is in the paper. Interesting stuff.

I cannot find a bill yet for this at congress.gov, so stay tuned and be prepared to call/email/fax/smoke-signal your representative to let them know that you don't approve of such frivolous and time wasting legislation.

And, if you're a new shooter who doesn't know much about silencers/suppressors...here's your primer:

Ya know..... could they just not? Change this, change that, change the other thing.... this new "blue wave" has already gotten old

i hear ya. everytime someone or some group/entity wants to do something or does something all the do nothing fudd gunowners balk at it like "oh no thats NOT what they shoulda done,look at those idiots, no one needs a 30rnd mag anyway..." and then continue to do nothing. my fear of an actual revolution is seemingly bleak. what is it ACTUALLY going to take to stand up to the feds? door to door confiscation? too little too late by then i say.
Indeed.
Voters, and people in general are extremely skilled at finding excuses to do nothing to change the status quo. :rolleyes:

Last election cycle was the best chance to break the "2-party" stranglehold, with all 435 seats open and 30something Senate seats open but.. nope....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top