JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is going on today:

Colorado Senators Go To Court To Halt Recall Efforts « CBS Denver
<broken link removed>

They are trying to say the recall petitions are invalid because they didn't clearly state on the forms that an election would result from the petition reaching critical mass. Ludicrous and disingenuous legal tricks in an attempt to avoid letting the people have their say in this matter.

According to the second article: "The judge hoped to hand down a decision Wednesday afternoon but said it may carry into Thursday."

HA! They lost.
The judge ruled against the office holders. The recall election is scheduled for Sept. 10th!

Latest win for Colorado gun-rights activists: Recall election set Sept. 10 - Washington Times
DENVER—Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper set Sept. 10 as the date for the state’s first-ever legislative recall election Thursday after a judge rejected a lawsuit aimed at stopping the recalls of two Democratic state legislators.

Denver District Court Chief Judge Robert Hyatt said the recall may proceed, ruling that the right of citizens to recall officeholders outweighed the technical objections to the petitions brought by constituents of Senate President John Morse and state Sen. Angela Giron.

If these go well, maybe they can recall the governor. Probably wishful thinking.

I love how Morse and his supporters are trying to make the recall look like a well-funded effort from "the gun lobby". This is getting to be a familiar theme.

Yep...every NRA cartoon depicts the NRA as a single guy with a bagful of cash. Reality is 4,000,000 members strong going on 5 mil.
I am the NRA and I vote.

Yep...every NRA cartoon depicts the NRA as a single guy with a bagful of cash. Reality is 4,000,000 members strong going on 5 mil.
I am the NRA and I vote.
The really sad part about this is the amount of lobbying clout they (don't) wield compared to a few others.
Like a few unions I can name.
Here is the list of all time top donors in the last 23 years. Please note who they are and whose causes they give to:

Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2012 | OpenSecrets

The NRA comes in at #52.
If one considers that the NEA (National Education Association) and the AFT (American Federation of Teachers) are both teacher's unions, and how much money they give in total, they outspend the NRA by 4.4:1.
$89.4 Million from the teachers, to only 20.2 Million from the NRA.
If you go through and tally up the money spent by unions, on liberal/progressive causes, the amount is STAGGERING.

So who is really throwing buckets-o-money around D.C. and/or CO buying pols?
Because the NRA helped out with organizing the will of the voters into a cohesive argument, they get bashed for it in the media.
Go figure.

The really sad part about this is the amount of lobbying clout they (don't) wield compared to a few others.
Like a few unions I can name.
Here is the list of all time top donors in the last 23 years. Please note who they are and whose causes they give to:

Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2012 | OpenSecrets

The NRA comes in at #52.
If one considers that the NEA (National Education Association) and the AFT (American Federation of Teachers) are both teacher's unions, and how much money they give in total, they outspend the NRA by 4.4:1.
$89.4 Million from the teachers, to only 20.2 Million from the NRA.
If you go through and tally up the money spent by unions, on liberal/progressive causes, the amount is STAGGERING.

So who is really throwing buckets-o-money around D.C. and/or CO buying pols?
Because the NRA helped out with organizing the will of the voters into a cohesive argument, they get bashed for it in the media.
Go figure.

This is really good information. Thanks for providing it. I will remember to use this the next time a prog-tard tries to paint the NRA as anything but grass roots.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews