JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Introducing a bill is a PR move. Proof will be in how it's fought for.

Still maintain that the filibuster is the most important issue up these days. I thought it was fine. Then thought it was toast. Back to thinking it's fine. Whiplash from reading the "news."

I'm too smart to be swayed by propaganda, so I can listen and watch without it warping my brain! :):D:eek:

And, it's un-enforcable! Can't regulate or controll what you don't know exists, or who has what, or when it was purchased!
It is a bonus charge. They are there because you got red flagged by your Demonrat neighbor and they discover a box of 30 rounders you didn't turn in or pay for the stamp on and charge you for each one.

Never mind... they proposal I saw didn't have grandfathered.

If I didn't already have nearly more standard capacity magazines than bullets to put into them, this would likely make me buy more. How many tens (hundreds?) of millions of standard capacity magazines are there in circulation already? As it is, my 9422 in 22lr will hold 23 rounds of 22 short. But it doesn't feature a pistol grip and takes a couple seconds longer to load with a tube loader, so it must be safe. Besides having no constitutional authority behind it, it is purely unfeasible to enforce.

If I didn't already have nearly more standard capacity magazines than bullets to put into them, this would likely make me buy more. How many tens (hundreds?) of millions of standard capacity magazines are there in circulation already? As it is, my 9422 in 22lr will hold 23 rounds of 22 short. But it doesn't feature a pistol grip and takes a couple seconds longer to load with a tube loader, so it must be safe. Besides having no constitutional authority behind it, it is purely unfeasible to enforce.

At least 50 million AR/AKs in circulation, so at least that many mags - probably at least 2X per firearm. Then add in all of the handguns. Clearly in the 100M+ range.

The effect, if it makes it thru the Senate, which I doubt it would, would be similar to the AWB - prices for pre-ban mags will skyrocket, just like ammo has. I have more than I need, but I won't be selling any; their value during SHTF is a lot more than making $10-$20 profit on a few mags - not even worth my time to bother with.

The effect, if it makes it thru the Senate, which I doubt it would, would be similar to the AWB - prices for pre-ban mags will skyrocket, just like ammo has. I have more than I need, but I won't be selling any; their value during SHTF is a lot more than making $10-$20 profit on a few mags - not even worth my time to bother with.
Similar to ammo now, at least for me. Did sell a few tubs of powder recently, and then bought some of different powder, but that wasn't due to needing the $$ and more needing the space.

The effect of all this will be to rile us up and activate us. What happened last time?

Democrats lost the House after four decades of control.
One can only hope. As a non-aligned voter, I'm not saying I'm against democrats in general (or for republicans, for that matter), but hopefully the message will be clear enough that the topic of gun control and legislation will become toxic to their political careers, whichever "side" they sit on.

Frankly, I'd prefer it if there was far less government and government control in our lives, but that is a different topic. If only the libertarians could get their poop in a group.

If only the libertarians could get their poop in a group.
I think this would be great but it ain't gonna happen. A group of people who wish to be left alone and wishes to leave others alone isn't a strong contender for banding together and seeking a controlling position in government. It seems like a fundamental sort of issue.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top