Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Democrat Gun Owners?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Bruce, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Bruce

Bruce Jefferson County, Wa Member

How can people who own guns support democrats when their national platform is to ban guns?

2. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

Not all democrats don't support guns! I know this for a fact because I happen to be one of the outspoken donkeys and I love guns! This is a major generalization that has nothing to do with being a democrat or a republican. I believe that both sides have good views on how the country should be run and the democrats just happen to have more things going for them that I actually care about. NOT ALL DEMOCRATS OPPOSE GUNS! I also think that a lot of the time democrats try to shift peoples focus from one problem to another as is their "national stance" on guns. Guess what though? Republicans do the same thing too. :)

3. Bruce

OK, how do you feel the country should be run?

4. absoluterik07

Haha I'm definitely not going to get into a political debate on this one because I will most likely be called a commie! I am just stating that I am a democrat and though I don't believe everything they try to push on the public I have more similar democratic beliefs than republican. I also believe that the two parties should work together more than against, not always, but a lot of the times I think it would help. :thumbup:

5. Bruce

Why would two opposing parties work more together then against each other?

6. Sawdust

Sawdust Bull Mountain(Tigard), OR Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Sounds great!! Now if we could just get more Democrats to vote with the Republicans we'd be all set. :D :thumbup: :laugh:

7. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Democratic Party Platform from http://www.democrats.org/a/party/platform.html

GOP platform

from http://www.gop.com/2008Platform/2008platform.pdf

8. Bruce

Good call 8Ball, pretty clear cut.

9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

that a total ban on all firearms like in Chicago is OK.

Doesn't sound like they support the Second Amendment at all. Close a non-existant "loophole" that has been proven to not be a source of crime guns or sales into Mexico. Reinstate a gun ban that even the FBI studies show didn't do a thing to reduce crime. Kind of like O-B-WAN saying he supports gun ownership for hunting, leaving out self protection and protection from a government gone wild with power.

10. absoluterik07

"like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system, and reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals. Acting responsibly and with respect for differing views on this issue, we can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe."

Just like I said, I don't agree with everything the democrats try to push and this is a prime example! And if two opposing sides work together to solve a common problem then you will have twice as many ideas to choose from and combine to make a sometimes better and more agreeable solution. Again, SOMETIMES is the key word as I don't believe generalizing helps anybody to gain anything except for misinformation just as saying all democrats are trying to ban guns.

11. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Democrats support gun ownership.
    FOR THEMSELF and their body guards and for no one else.
    Just had to say it !

12. Bruce

That seems to be the case Taku.

13. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Nailed it........:thumbup:

14. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust Republicans with my gun rights either, Democrats and Republicans are a two headed snake! It's not Democrats vs Republicans it's "us" vs Democrats and Republicans.

15. U201491

A real Republican is a friend.
    The problem today and since the 60's is that A democrat today is actually a Social Communist and or Marxist.

A republican by name for the most part is what a democrat once was but now in drag as pretend republicans. ( most )

There are few real Republicans left. All the labels aside, what is needed beginning in November is for all the brainwashed political wannabes to be sorted from those that are still true Americans with solid "Republic" based beliefs and thinking. We need to take this country back and Kick Social Communism and Marxism back to the stone age. AND KEPT THERE!!
    We did not fight a 50 year cold war to just let this fungus spread on our soil, but that is what has happened.
    November will be the fungacide.
    IT IS THAT SIMPLE. !!
    Are you all going to be proactive in getting this done?

16. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

That's a fact, there's just not to many liberal/progressive pro 2nd amendment groups out there, with any clout, that fight for "us."

17. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

Im going to call troll on this one.

18. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

Oh the irony...

19. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I actually agree with the Dems on some things but then there's large disconnects like this that make me unable to support or identify with them.

Their "common-sense laws and improvements" regarding firearms laws contradict my beliefs on the subject. Their platform seems to be an inconvenience and punishment to law abiding citizens. We already have safeguards to keep criminals and terrorists from acquiring guns through legal means. The bad guys will follow the new laws, right?

20. U201491

<g> I can actually remember two things in the past 60+ years that I liked that a democrat did.
    When JFK stood his ground and gave the soviets an ultimatum to pull their nuclear missiles out of Cuba and the other was when Tom McCall put up signs on the Oregon border telling Californians they were welcome to visit but to NOT stay <G>
    That is my long list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.