Demilled reweld, laws that show its legal.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Trlsmn, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Trlsmn

Trlsmn
    In Utero (Portland)

Demilled reweld, laws that show its legal. I'm working on a PS43 reweld and I have a block head at work that can't get it through his thick scull that it is legal for me to rebuild this receiver as a private party.

Anyone have links to the laws showing this legal, maybe an ATF letter?

2. wayoutwest

wayoutwest
    Polk County, Oregon

3. drew

drew
    OR

4. HuckFin

HuckFin
    mt rainier

I just got my m64 ak reweld back from Matt @ My Guns NW. Talent Or. He does excellent work by the way.. but be prepared for a long wait.

5. coop44

coop44
    Tacoma ,WA

It will have to comply with 922r and of course be semi auto, enough to comply with batf standards. Basically made in such a manner that it cannot be easily returned to full auto. Most guys mark their recievers with name, date, and "homebuilt"

6. Stomper

Stomper
    Ungovernable!
    Become Ungovernable! Gold Supporter

I'm building a couple Sterling "SMG's" from cut up receivers, and its perfectly legit. They will be permanently converted to closed-bolt semi-auto fire only, of course.

BTW... WTH are you telling any of the meatheads at your job what you're doing? I never discuss anything concerning my private life (other than, wife, number of kids and pets) for this very reason.

7. drew

drew
    OR

I talk about guns with a couple other people at work. Not sure if it's the brightest thing to do. They mentioned my name in defending the number of guns they own to some other coworkers.:(