Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Demilled reweld, laws that show its legal.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Trlsmn, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Demilled reweld, laws that show its legal. I'm working on a PS43 reweld and I have a block head at work that can't get it through his thick scull that it is legal for me to rebuild this receiver as a private party.

Anyone have links to the laws showing this legal, maybe an ATF letter?

2. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

4. HuckFin

HuckFin mt rainier Active Member

I just got my m64 ak reweld back from Matt @ My Guns NW. Talent Or. He does excellent work by the way.. but be prepared for a long wait.

5. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

It will have to comply with 922r and of course be semi auto, enough to comply with batf standards. Basically made in such a manner that it cannot be easily returned to full auto. Most guys mark their recievers with name, date, and "homebuilt"

6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I'm building a couple Sterling "SMG's" from cut up receivers, and its perfectly legit. They will be permanently converted to closed-bolt semi-auto fire only, of course.

BTW... WTH are you telling any of the meatheads at your job what you're doing? I never discuss anything concerning my private life (other than, wife, number of kids and pets) for this very reason.

7. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I talk about guns with a couple other people at work. Not sure if it's the brightest thing to do. They mentioned my name in defending the number of guns they own to some other coworkers.:(