JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are many Wasr going on anmd the big one is very close.
The DEMS (ie; Commies of America) are pushing the envelope and beginning to jump without Chutes.

Dem bill targets online ammo sales

http://thehill.com/regulation/241914-house-bill-would-require-ammunition-to-be-sold-face-to-face

ar15ammo03102015getty.jpg
Getty Images
By Lydia Wheeler - 05/13/15 11:55 AM EDT

House Democrats are pushing legislation requiring face-to-face ammunition sales.

Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.) has introduced the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2015. The bill unveiled Tuesday would require federally licensed ammunitions dealers to confirm the identity of individuals who arrange to purchase ammunition over the Internet by verifying a photo ID in-person.

The bill would also require ammunition vendors to report any sales of more than 1,000 rounds within five consecutive days to the U.S. attorney general if the person purchasing ammunition is not a licensed dealer.
"Far too many times, we have seen the shocking images of unspeakable gun violence that could have been prevented," Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. (D-N.J.), one of the bill's original cosponsors, said in a joint statement. "Our bill to limit the online sale of ammunition is a long-overdue common sense reform that I am hopeful will spark Congress to put aside party difference and come together to help prevent such senseless tragedies."

The bill would stop short of imposing an outright ban on online ammunition sales, said Courtney Cochran, Watson Coleman's communications director.

Cochran said buyers would still be able to complete an Internet sale, but would need to present a photo I.D. in-person at an authorized dealer before the shipment can be made.

The bill aims, she said, to help prevent malicious attacks like the July 2012 shooting in the Aurora, Colo. movie theater that left 12 dead and 70 wounded. If someone is trying to stock pile ammunition for a malicious reason, Cochran said the bill would give law enforcement a better chance at preventing an attack.
Rep. Donald Payne Jr. (D-N.J.) has also signed on as sponsor of the bill.

"This common-sense reform would save lives by depriving violent criminals of a means of anonymously amassing ammunition without proper scrutiny," he said.

This story was updated at 12:56 p.m.

so Ammo will now be packed 999 rds per package? Or the AG will be getting Thousands of notifications per day making the volume of the info totally worthless for law enforcement. These people are such F'ing Morons its criminal thinking this will do anything but spend more of our tax money doing stupid stuff. How about figuring out why Oregon can only graduate 69% of its kids from high school if you actually want to slow down crime.

Did you notice the wording of Rep. Frank Pallone JR. ( New American Nazi Party NJ.) "common sense reform" that's the new buzz phrase of the Nazi and Communist party, everything is "common sense reform" There hasn't been one ounce of common sense in Washington in my lifetime! If this doesn't pass at the Federal Level you can bet that the N.A.N.P. Memebers in Oregon will push it through at the state level, just like they did with SB 941, because after all it's just "common sense".

Yeah, common sense. If it saves just one child... AFTER the first 1,000 rounds are fired. :rolleyes:

I don't know too many people with enough beef that could carry 1,000 rounds of pretty much anything (save 22LR) and be able walk around and shoot people en mass.

Clearly these dopes have no idea how much ammo actually weighs.

In allnof these crimes, less than a few hunrer (if even that) rounds were fired..

Clearly this is a ammo monitoring scheme..
They havent the competency nor the man power to track all these "sales".

Secondly.. 1000 rounds? Hahaha to a non shooter that may seem like a whole lot, but I doubt any of these politicians have ever taken a range course. 1000 rounds is nothing in a training weekend.

I hope this bill dies asap.. And this lady develops ALS.

How much ammo is used each year in "crime"? 10,000 rounds?. don't know. How much is used each year to further/effect our civil liberties? 100,000,000,000 rounds a year? don't know though you know what I mean.
It's simply a way for them to get more money and you know what they'll do with that..

It is all the road to having the military and police the only armed....or people with ammo in America.
I can just hope we vote with a little more sense next time around. People..err Sheeple need a serious education on the real world. Freaking John Stewart has caused them all to believe they are well informed...That is the extent of the news some people I know watch. They then claim to be informed.....

Monitor the ammo and you can tell who has what firearms......

Simple scheme of backdoor snooping.

What authorized dealer do they think is going to check ID for this, They would prefer that we buy from them.And if they do it will come at price but hey what is one more tax right.

What would they do when they figure out they left a BIG loophole in this bill? Limit online sales to 1000 rounds per year, Require all ammo to be shipped to a FFL?

There is no limit to their stupidity.

Obama got the award for firearms salesman of the year with his proposals. This lady will win the award for ammo salesperson of the year for her proposal. The manufactures love the panic buying these dimwit politicians cause.

We have the 10 round magazine because we know that 11 rounds and more will cause violent crime. So now purchasing 999 rounds of ammo is fine but 1000 and more will cause violent crime. Here I thought poor education, no jobs and broken families was a leading cause of violent crime. :rolleyes:

We have the 10 round magazine because we know that 11 rounds and more will cause violent crime. So now purchasing 999 rounds of ammo is fine but 1000 and more will cause violent crime. Here I thought poor education, no jobs and broken families was a leading cause of violent crime. :rolleyes:

Yeah you were wayyyyy off. Its inanimate objects not people to blame.

At the Federal level they don't, at the state level they do.

OMG, do not give Salem any ideas. This indeed might be something that could potentially pass here.

The whole reasoning behind the bill is bogus and a big lie, however.

The bill sponsor said: "Far too many times, we have seen the shocking images of unspeakable gun violence that could have been prevented,"

That is a bold face lie. Such a law would not have prevented one single shooting incident.

This article says that the only specific incident that the sponsor cited was this: "The bill aims, she said, to help prevent malicious attacks like the July 2012 shooting in the Aurora, Colo. movie theater that left 12 dead and 70 wounded."

Well, guess what, that is an total lie too. The S&W M&P 15 used by the Aurora shooter had an unreliable 100 round mag that quickly jammed after only a few shots. Unable to clear the jam, he abandoned the rifle, and concentrated on using his Glock 22 and Remington 870 tactical shotgun that he was also carrying.. However, accounts say that he fired only about 45 rounds from the Glock, and that much of the damage that he did was actually from the Remington shotgun, which had a slow rate of fire and took more time to reload.

Authorities believe that all together, he fired less than 100 rounds during the shooting.

So how would this bill have prevented the Aurora shooting? Certainly no person could possibly carry 1,000 rounds of 223, .40 S&W, and 12 gauge buckshot on them, in addition to the 3 guns, on their person.

Besides, what on earth would the Attorney General do with this info? Send an FBI agent to the home of every person buying over 1,000 rounds and question them about their purchase? The Aurora shooter had no criminal background of any kind

This bill is absolute insanity. Please do not tell anyone in Salem about it. It might give Burdick and Prozanski some ideas.

OMG, do not give Salem any ideas. This indeed might be something that could potentially pass here.

The whole reasoning behind the bill is bogus and a big lie, however.

The bill sponsor said: "Far too many times, we have seen the shocking images of unspeakable gun violence that could have been prevented,"

That is a bold face lie. Such a law would not have prevented one single shooting incident.

This article says that the only specific incident that the sponsor cited was this: "The bill aims, she said, to help prevent malicious attacks like the July 2012 shooting in the Aurora, Colo. movie theater that left 12 dead and 70 wounded."

Well, guess what, that is an total lie too. The S&W M&P 15 used by the Aurora shooter had an unreliable 100 round mag that quickly jammed after only a few shots. Unable to clear the jam, he abandoned the rifle, and concentrated on using his Glock 22 and Remington 870 tactical shotgun that he was also carrying.. However, accounts say that he fired only about 45 rounds from the Glock, and that much of the damage that he did was actually from the Remington shotgun, which had a slow rate of fire and took more time to reload.

Authorities believe that all together, he fired less than 100 rounds during the shooting.

So how would this bill have prevented the Aurora shooting? Certainly no person could possibly carry 1,000 rounds of 223, .40 S&W, and 12 gauge buckshot on them, in addition to the 3 guns, on their person.

Besides, what on earth would the Attorney General do with this info? Send an FBI agent to the home of every person buying over 1,000 rounds and question them about their purchase? The Aurora shooter had no criminal background of any kind

This bill is absolute insanity. Please do not tell anyone in Salem about it. It might give Burdick and Prozanski some ideas.

I told folks a real war war would end up erupting if the path continues as it is headed. What ya all think now.............?

Funny thing, and what is not rational about the whole bill, is that spree shooters don't go out with a thousand rounds of ammo whether or not they own that much. I would bet you that Mr. Cho at VATech and Mr. Laughner in Arizona both bought a couple boxes of ammo and went at it. I don't think the Navy yard shooter or the Luby's Shooter or Mr. Huberty in San Ysidro had thousands of rounds of ammo.

For the most part, it is preppers and target shooters that have that much ammo. I personally have components for a couple thousand rounds and I reload before I shoot so I don't stock pile, but I would if I had the money and the space.

This bill is about one thing and that is building data about shooters. Not that anyone is going to do anything about it.... NOW... But information is not lost over time. Just that they have it somewhere is enough of a problem.

I look forward to the new 999 packs. LOL.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top