JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at the micro red dots for my Marlin 1894 .44 mag. (I like a mix of old school and new). I use Leupold on all my hunting stuff, but for $600, the Deltapoint seems expensive. How are they compared to the Trijicon RMR? Is there any other top quality sight like this to look at? I know Vortex makes one...

I have both a Trijicon RMR and a Deltapoint Honestly I cant see much difference between them. I have a Burris Fastfire on the way which is less than half the money. Curious how it compares to the other two. I assume both the Trigicon and Leopold are US made, I am sure the Burris is China built which accounts for the wide swing in cost.

I have a Trijicon RMR, a Burris FF3 and a Vortex Venom, out of the three my RMR is probably the nicest, followed by my Vortex venom then the fast fire. The RMR is great but if I was going to buy another optic like that, Id save the money and get another Venom to be honest.

The fastfire is ok, but you get what you pay for I think. My issue with it is that my red dot is a little too fuzzy for me. I also have varying MOA's on the three that I own so that may factor into my impressions as well.

Last Edited:
I thought the Trijicon was like looking through a plastic sprite bottle to be honest. I ended up purchasing a deltapoint based on its clarity of glass and the leupold name for building the toughest optics out there....and the fact they are local help as well.

I really like the changes Leupold made on the new deltapoint Pros and am waiting to buy their new deltapoint pro in 2.5 moa dot. My buddy has one and i must admit, im pretty jealous.

I agree with Beta1759. The Trijicons have a reputation for being tough, but when you look through them the glass is tinted like light sunglasses and slightly curved. I had a brand new one I bought for a Glock MOS 40. I disliked looking through it so much I bought a used Eotech MRDS which is clear and has worked great through hundreds of rounds of 10mm. The Leupold Delta is really good looking and I'm going to buy one of the 2.5 MOA models and try it.

@badclam
What are your thoughts on the Eotech MRDS; I've been slacking and have not even seen these.

The sight works great. I liked it so much I now own 3 of them. It is just like looking through a small version of a regular sized Eotech. My Glock MOS 40 10mm has not caused it any problems after hundreds of rounds. I'll include some pictures.
The only thing I didn't like was the power button is on the back of the sight so I had to drill a hole through the manual sight to turn it on and off. Now this is a rare use with co witness suppressor sights right up against it, so no fault on Eotech.
I was shooting about 12" at 100 yards sitting and resting the pistol on my knee.

trijicon%20028_zps6sw7rrkw.jpg glocksights%20020_zpst0u9kxxn.jpg glocksights%20015_zpsfx1yb5cu.jpg target%20002_zpsfjfld8fz.jpg

I don't have any experience with RMR's (hopefully that will change), but I have had the Deltapoint Pro 2.5 MOA and Vortex Venom 3 MOA side by side.

The price on the Venom was very attractive, but the main thing that threw me off was the optical quality. It is absolutely not a true 1X sight. There is a very noticeable blueish tint to it which wasn't too big of a deal. I just couldn't get over the fish eye effect of it. Sweeping over objects it seemed to me to be ~1.1 or 1.2X with a very noticeable distortion around the edges. The dot was extremely crisp though.

This is where the Deltapoint Pro blows it out of the water. You really get what you pay for. Edge to edge the clarity and FOV is incredible. I'm just not crazy about the illumination adjustment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top