JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
would like to plan for the installation of a deltapoint when time and funds allow. This would be on a g17.

Wondering who locally does this?

Also would it be best to just get a spare slide to mill rather than bugger up the stock unit?

It would mostly be used in the nightstand and for a range toy.

Presume that you want the sight "melted into" the slide rather than using a dovetail mount.
If I was to do this, I would pick up another slide first.
As for machining anything on a firearm, the only one I trust is Todd Koonce in Salem.
Todd is a master machinist/gunsmith.
But, being so good means that his talents are in high demand.
The job will be done perfectly, but you will have to wait a while. Thus the second slide.
If it was mine, I'd first try the dovetail mount. If that doesn't satisfy, then go for the full job.

My $0.03, YMMV

Honestly I never thought about that. Dovetail mount would certainly be preferred from a cost standpoint. I can put a slide in the long term plan bucket but if I don't have to I would rather not spend the $$ on aesthetics just yet.

Thank you very much!

the deltpoint with the all mounts has a glock mount that easily fits into the rear sight dovetail of the glock. i installed one on my buddies glock without any issues. Super easy to do.

In related new, i believe the new deltapoint 2 should be out some point this month. I would recommend it over anything else out there.

the deltpoint with the all mounts has a glock mount that easily fits into the rear sight dovetail of the glock. i installed one on my buddies glock without any issues. Super easy to do.

In related new, i believe the new deltapoint 2 should be out some point this month. I would recommend it over anything else out there.

Awesome. The Deltapoint 2 is what I'm waiting for! Too late for Father's Day but maybe for the B-Day!
Since the optic sits up so high, what strategy did you take regarding the "iron" sights?

we left the front sight on. it small and doesn't get in the way at all. You could remove it, but we figured it would be smarter to leave it on in order to reduce the chances of dirt getting into the slide/barrel area.

we left the front sight on. it small and doesn't get in the way at all. You could remove it, but we figured it would be smarter to leave it on in order to reduce the chances of dirt getting into the slide/barrel area.

Cool. I'll go back to the awesome plastic giant white dot and take off the Dawson setup I have on there put it on the wife's G19. She'll be a happy camper. Truly a win/win.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top