Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Delta red dot site mounted/tapped directly to Glock slide

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Burt Gummer, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I'd like to have a Leopold Delta red dot mounted directly to a Glock slide like I see so many competitive shooters doing. Probably on a G17.

The only place I have found that does it is Bowie Tactical via UPS, and they are $175 + the sight.

That price is ok, but it is the 16-24 week turnaround that I don't like. I mean come on - I might have to wait an eternity.

Does anyone know a place, locally preferred, that will drill/tap in a sight (I prefer the Delta over the Fastfire II and other sights)? I don't mind mailing/UPSing it out if I could get it back within a month.

My first thought was a UTG brace sight-holder but those sit too high and I really want one secured right to the slide.

2. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

3. Gaust

Gaust Portland Member

4. Burt Gummer

Thanks a lot.

5. Smoke It

Smoke It northwest New Member

Clark county can do it

6. Burt Gummer

Can you be more specific?

The two choices I have found so far are TSD for about $850 w/ a quality sight on my own slide or buying a Lone Wolf slide with optic mounted for about the same price. Talking about shaved, 'melted' mounts.

The advantage of Lone Wolf is having it mounted to a new, extra stainless steel slide.

7. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

I would do the One Source Tactical TSD and have them just do the milling of the slide, source the RMR yourself and save money. The only two people I would trust to do this are OST or Bowie, i've heard the Lone Wolf setup is not nearly as nice.