JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ordered what I thought was a GREY p226 legion. When I got it the color looked like pea soup. Brown/Green very disappointed. Called Sig and they said that's the color and they would not replace it. I had no choice but to have it redone.

View attachment 1055748

After getting cerakoted. Graphite black + Jesse James cold war grey.

Note: The person who worked on it said there was a layer of black underneath the pea soup color. I suspect Sig is using left over black framed p226 building it up with legion features and painting them with the Legion grey. Black + Grey = pea soup color.

View attachment 1058015

View attachment 1058019View attachment 1058022
Happy with the results
big improvement

The redo looks great.

If sig is advertising that as grey they are way off. That's green. Ugly too.

A quick google search found two diff looking colors? It's sig, so I'm not surprised, I'm loosing count of how many different variations they have of just one model.

I am surprised by their response. Kind of bubblegumty if you ask me for such a regarded company.

View attachment 1058033
View attachment 1058034
It is both depending on color and angle of view.

I kinda like the original, but yeah, that's not the same gray any other Legion I've seen is. It does look like baby poop green-gray.

I noticed something with Cerakote - at least the Cerakote job I got on my M&P - it looks great initially, but I've done a lot of dry fire / draw practice with it, and the Cerakote has worn away on the high points of the slide already, after probably 300 draws or so. I don't think they bead blasted the melonite off the slide, but they might've, because there's shiny metal showing thru in a couple spots that weren't there with just the OE finish before.

I think I'd be asking the gunsmith if they blast the original finish off (especially if Cerakoting an anodized aluminum part - anodizing isn't just corrosion resistance, it's a surface hardening as well which improves durability)

The Cerakote gray seems to come in different shades.
Some have just a hint of green while others look like a light OD.

The PVD gray doesn't look bad when new.
Wears faster than Cerakote though.

My M11-A1 is FDE Cerakote and it's worn thin in all the usual spots pretty quick.
No bare metal, just nitron and anodizing showing through.

The same thing happened to me and here's what I found out... the initial Legion pistols had the pvd finish in light gray. Then everyone started bi****ng about it wearing too fast so Sig switched to a more durable cerakote that came out in a darker "gray". Problem was all the dealers were still displaying the pvd finish and people were receiving the darker cerakote. I even went online shortly after getting mine and the Sig website still showed the light gray. I kept mine because I actually liked the new finish. A lot of people were pretty annoyed and I get that too. I guess they just didn't do a good job letting everyone know they were switching finishes

20191207_021052.jpg