JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered what I thought was a GREY p226 legion. When I got it the color looked like pea soup. Brown/Green very disappointed. Called Sig and they said that's the color and they would not replace it. I had no choice but to have it redone.

pix136722622.jpg

After getting cerakoted. Graphite black + Jesse James cold war grey.

Note: The person who worked on it said there was a layer of black underneath the pea soup color. I suspect Sig is using left over black framed p226 building it up with legion features and painting them with the Legion grey. Black + Grey = pea soup color.

2C8A6508.jpg

2C8A6503.jpg 2C8A6486.jpg
Happy with the results

Last Edited:
I like the color... But yours does look a little less gray than the usual. Anyway, I also worry more about the actual performance of the pistol than the aesthetics. My Legions are pretty spectacular performers. Not shown: P-226 Legion SAO, the best of the breed.
Legionnaires.jpg

I ordered what I thought was a GREY p226 legion. When I got it the color looked like pea soup. Brown/Green very disappointed. Called Sig and they said that's the color and they would not replace it. I had no choice but to have it redone.

View attachment 1055748

After getting cerakoted. Graphite black + Jesse James cold war grey.

Note: The person who worked on it said there was a layer of black underneath the pea soup color. I suspect Sig is using left over black framed p226 building it up with legion features and painting them with the Legion grey. Black + Grey = pea soup color.

2C8A6503.jpg

Very happy with the result.
How fashionable of you.

Umm, no.
The black layer is Nitron on the slide and anodized on the frame.
LE models are black.
You can't use any ol 226 frame for a Legion.
The frame is unique to those only.
The majority of the other parts are the same as the rest though.

Older ones like mine with the PVD gray have a goldish color anodized frame.

Hopefully the anodizing wasn't blasted off as that has far more protection than Cerakote.

I agree, mine was that pea soup color too.

It's at the gunsmith getting cerakoted but I am doing all brushed aluminum or whatever it is that comes close. I don't have the balls to do a funky color.

Just one more example, not everyone has the same tastes, and all the more reason gun manufacturers offer so many different colors.

Personally, I liked the original color. :cool:

The redo looks great.

If sig is advertising that as grey they are way off. That's green. Ugly too.

A quick google search found two diff looking colors? It's sig, so I'm not surprised, I'm loosing count of how many different variations they have of just one model.

I am surprised by their response. Kind of bubblegumty if you ask me for such a regarded company.

1635270909437.jpeg
1635270942147.jpeg

Further, regardless of our individual taste differences, if I ordered Gray and received Green, that would not be acceptable.