Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Deleting or closing a thread

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Artpro, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Artpro

Artpro Salem, OR. Artpro Bronze Supporter

Does delete mean the same as close??

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Nope. Deleting a thread removes it from view, so only moderators and administrators can see it. Closing a thread simply means people can no longer post in it ;)

3. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

Which brings me to mention..once again..that I wish posters had the option of doing either.. Closing..or deleting their ads...

4. OregonJohn

OregonJohn Sutherlin, Or Bronze Life Member #1 Lifetime Supporter

I wish people would not remove the asking price of a firearm when they close a thread. I think it gives us a good idea of actual firearm values. I know a lot of guns sell for less than the asking price, but it would give people a good place to start, by checking past threads of sold guns. Deleting an add would remove some of the 'Recycled Gun Syndrome' I see a lot of guns making small circles. I am sure a few people think that closed threads, leave too may clues to were the guns went. John

5. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Speaking of small circles I wonder where "the" .50 BMG ever ended up?? :laugh:

6. OregonJohn

OregonJohn Sutherlin, Or Bronze Life Member #1 Lifetime Supporter

I wish I could say it was me.