JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVXCbZAfSOsADTDZhsq4a_-XTv2akHr4sQPFeWttcjLuV4Z7Yt1w.jpg

First, since you mentioned CCW, can't be regulated by the national government (10th amendment).

Oh, and for sure, we can't have cheap guns in the US so that people who can't afford a top of the line pistol won't be able to get anything to protect themselves. (Can we stop Glocks from being imported?) My pistol is a "cheap" (read inexpensive) CZ83... My soldier's shilling won't allow me to buy some top of the line US made pistol so I guess I'd better get rid of the CZ and have nothing....

Why do you think we need to have mental evaluations for Class III firearms? I don't understand your logic on that one. We don't need to get a mental evaluation to go to church, to vote, to exercise our other rights, why do you want to open the door for mental evaluations for Class III?

Me, personally, I got over shooting full auto back when I wore a pickle suit and shot on the tax payers dime. Now days, I couldn't afford to feed the things, so not my cup of tea. But, adding more road blocks is just silly.

If the laws were put into the Feds hands and theirs only they wouldnt be simple. Would you really want law makers from other states such as California or New York deciding what you can or cannot have?

Both good points,
first off, good point but the mental eval. is already part of getting a concealed weapon permit in some states (its not really a bad idea so some nut job type whos a little off anyway and you being in the pickle suit as well should know from first hand experience as i know i have that there are some people who just shouldn't have fa guns without one). the type of firearms should not be restricted for the most part, who cares if somebody wants to cut a sandwich with a bayonet? or wants a 200 round magazine, or a cappuccino machine hanging from they're gun because it looks cool. that not what i'm talking about. as far as cheap goes, you get my drift and i think you are over thinking the process, and taking it to an extreme. i'm talking about the $100.00 specials lol. and if you can't afford some gun theres more going on there.

I was talking about taking out all previous gunlaws so to speak and putting that in place.

and california and NY come on now, thats 2 out of how many states? they're laws a nuts to say the least, i saw my first CA ar and couldnt help but to laugh the other day. so maybe i should clarify.

Granted CA and NY are only 2 of the worst states but there are many more that have similar ideas as to what you are and arent allowed. What you need to look at is the fact this legislation you are proposing would be voted upon by such people as Shumer,Palosi,and the like and most likely there would be alot stricter regulations than we currently have. As for the mental eval I would not go there as the Feds would use that as a backdoor way to strip anyone they chose to of their rights.

Since you're already getting chewed on pretty good over in Legal for the same post I'll try and be gentle.

There is no mental eval for a CCL. It's a criminal background check and arguably unconstitutional. The 2nd A was meant to protect us from the gooberment. Our choice of arms should not be limited by the ones who the arms are there to protect us from. We should get serious about enforcing such trivial laws like murder and assult w/a deadly weapon and quit infringing on the rights clearly layed out in the constitution.

Here I have a great way to write exactly what you want, A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Been around for a couple hundred years.

If you REALLY BELIEVE that laws work to stop bad people from doing bad things why don't we just have 1 gun law. It would say it is illegal to murder.................

So far you seem to want to infringe on gun rights too, just in a different way then they are already infringed...............

On full automatic weapons, class 3 etc. There should be some form of control on that as well, so we don't have a revert to violence by force (organized crime back in the day) that's too may bullets carelessly aimed about causing collateral . On this there should be like a flat 200 dollar fee every so often 3-5 years and additional screening i.e. mental eval. should be done. but then add it to your concealed permit as an identifier, like a motorcycle endorsement on a drivers license.

Collateral damage is a problem. 33 rounds to shoot a dog in a residential neighborhood with kids around...

Cops Spray 33 Rounds Trying To Execute Dog [VIDEO] | Dog Murderers

Collateral damage is a problem. 33 rounds to shoot a dog in a residential neighborhood with kids around...

Cops Spray 33 Rounds Trying To Execute Dog [VIDEO] | Dog Murderers

I'm sure those same cops would gun down my super sweet "Hostess Greeter" Rottie girl dog who loves everyone one and everything, unless you're a cat or squirrel. If she slipped the lead she might run right at people, to kiss up to them. She especially fawns over children and is very gentle. It's sad we have become so scared of man's best friend and have no sense of balance any more that they would shoot an 8 month old puppy. At least one cop did say "don't shoot"..

CHL laws, IMO, are stupid and do no good. If someone is legal to own a gun, they should be legal to carry it how they see fit. Criminals or mentals that aren't supposed to own guns or aren't supposed to carry guns will do so regardless of any CHL requirement. No piece of paper is going to stop someone from carrying a gun. If someone who can't legally possess a gun is caught carrying concealed, they are already violating laws by possessing a gun, so why have yet another "common sense" law that only impedes the average law abiding citizen from exercising their 2A rights. Phooey.

I do not know - I think we should require all government personnel pass the Utah Concealed weapons criteria ( INcludes moral terpetude) - Make sure our Elected and unelected employees have good backgrounds. Then start worrying about CCW

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top