JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
....... I've never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years is gone. This isn't a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Statists have done more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. Well done, Democrats!

This is something I don't think the world has ever seen.

SF-

I'd be curious to know via random poll what any of the enlisted and random sampling of officers ranked Captain/Lieutenant on down think of this and all the various state laws being proposed across the armed services.

GOOD Grief how many different ways can this little ditty of internet creative writing end up being spread around.

First its from someones buddy who just got back from the Shot Show then its from an industry insider from Texas then its floating around in emails from a trusted friend. And now its attributed to Guns and Ammo magazine.

its crap first off the USA doesn't have the ability to produce 50-52 billion rounds of ammo a year PERIOD. We only including all forms of government only use about 14 billion rounds a year. To assume that the manufacturers could operate at 3.5 times their normal rate is insane. Brass Lead and other materials are bought as commodities at least two years out. So the soonest they could even buy triple the amount of materials they are currently using is 2 years OR MORE.

Ruger stopped all orders this last summer due to being so far behind. Are we to believe they got caught up and were coasting along with no inventory at 75% before the Moron Panic started?

Gee's think about what you are reading this is made up inflammatory crap.

Notwithstanding your problems over there in the real world, over here ammunition made in the USA and ALL components have gone through the roof in the last couple of weeks.

I foresaw this all happening back the day after the results of your presidential election were in, and spent almost $1500 on US-made components, in particular large and small primers and powder

Somebody over here in yUK is making a WHALE of money out of it.

tac

Wasn't this already in a thread posted a couple weeks ago?

At least a couple weeks ago, maybe a little longer. I remember reading it the first time it was posted. In fact, lets se how many times I can find this posted and what the oldest one is....

2/12: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/123005-production-levels.html
2/1: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ge...n/120760-firearm-industry-insider-report.html

Hmm, could have sworn I read it before February, maybe it was elsewhere. My favorite part is how they are all attributed to different people (Guns & Ammo, Valley Guns in West Virginia, and some guys dad's friend), but have the exact same wording!

GOOD Grief how many different ways can this little ditty of internet creative writing end up being spread around.

First its from someones buddy who just got back from the Shot Show then its from an industry insider from Texas then its floating around in emails from a trusted friend. And now its attributed to Guns and Ammo magazine.

its crap first off the USA doesn't have the ability to produce 50-52 billion rounds of ammo a year PERIOD. We only including all forms of government only use about 14 billion rounds a year. To assume that the manufacturers could operate at 3.5 times their normal rate is insane. Brass Lead and other materials are bought as commodities at least two years out. So the soonest they could even buy triple the amount of materials they are currently using is 2 years OR MORE.

Ruger stopped all orders this last summer due to being so far behind. Are we to believe they got caught up and were coasting along with no inventory at 75% before the Moron Panic started?

Gee's think about what you are reading this is made up inflammatory crap.

But... but... was forwarded this in an email!! It has to be factually correct!!

Do any of you doubt it's basic validity, even if it's not official? Try buying a fighting gun or ammo right now over the counter, it's not easy

Do any of you doubt it's basic validity, even if it's not official? Try buying a fighting gun or ammo right now over the counter, it's not easy

The fact that the exact same wording is attributed to multiple different sources actually does make me doubt it's validity. Sounds more like something cobbled together by people trying to put enough fear into people that they scramble to buy a $1000 AR for $2500 and feel "lucky" to have found one at all. You're right, it's not easy finding an AR in stores, but they are trickling in, and more online stores have them in stock again, alebight at still inflated prices.

My sister and brother-in-law purchased an AR last week. They were able to go from the Clackamas Gun Broker to NW Armory and a few places in between and had their pick of rifles ranging from $899 to $1599. I believe Colt's were available at both locations for $1199 or $1299.

Don't get me wrong, I have been paying attention these last few months. The fact is that they are trickling in and if you frequented stores around Portland you would avoid the high prices and that "lucky feeling" you get from a gun show dealer. It's not quite as bad as some would have you believe, but supplies are definitely not what they were in November.

My sister and brother-in-law purchased an AR last week. They were able to go from the Clackamas Gun Broker to NW Armory and a few places in between and had their pick of rifles ranging from $899 to $1599. I believe Colt's were available at both locations for $1199 or $1299.

Don't get me wrong, I have been paying attention these last few months. The fact is that they are trickling in and if you frequented stores around Portland you would avoid the high prices and that "lucky feeling" you get from a gun show dealer. It's not quite as bad as some would have you believe, but supplies are definitely not what they were in November.

Finding guns - even at somewhat reasonable prices - isn't the hard part if you're diligent in your searching.

Ammo's where the problem is.

I'm just against fearmongering, demagoguery, and mass email forwards on principle.

Yep. No problem. I'll just run down to Walmart and buy some of the 21$/100 9mm or 40$/100 45acp. In stock most of the time lately at one of the 3 options I have for a somewhat local place.

Things are settling down, despite what some people want you to think.

I was just looking for some comments when I posted this...
I just received this information. First I have seen it all in one place...
I found a link where this may have come from:
Guns And Ammo Production Maxed Out | Tea Party

I don't know about the billion rounds weekly, but then who can say for sure. There are some huge ammunition manufactures in the US and a bunch of them. Few links I found. Some are back to 2011, but you can bet if the demand is there, production will go way up:

How much small arms ammunition is produced each year in the US

Lake City Army Ammunition Plant hits production milestone - Kansas City Business Journal

Press Release Detail

And that is just 3 I never heard of. How many more are out there? And does a billion rounds a week really seem that far fetched?

YES because using your own links 52 billion round (1 billion a week for a year) is 3.71 times what your link says is the production for the whole world is in a year.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top