JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wasted money on a cheap one a few years ago.
Then I bought a real beta mag and i'm very pleased.
I use it all the time and I haven't had a single problem with it.

They come in REAL handy if you're trying to bench rest with a bipod.
A 30rnd magazine will stick out so far that i'm actualy pivoting on the magazine itself and the bipod legs are off of the bench.

As far as the Korean Drum or mags for that matter ( IN MY OPINION THERE JUNK ) The Beta mag COPY is only designed for use with 223 so the 5.56 is too long causing malfunctions. The spring is also created of that high-grade Korean steel and tends to snap. With the use of a ton of graphite they can function. One can pick up an authentic Beta Corp. drum for around $220-250 and live knowing the drum will feed. To boot if you decide to re-sell the item it will hold most of its value. I also found the $69.99 AK 75rd drum to be of same quality. SUPER WEAK wind up spring and again no $ value. One can say but wait ATI will replace if defective. ATI (American Tactical Inc) made in Korea. Beta Corp is made in the USA and for the AK stick to the COMM-BLOK works every time. Last but not least, will America become a completly OCCUPIED ZONE where post-ban mags can fetch you jail time. Seems to be working out in the test states (NY,CA,MASS) GOOD LUCK with that in my community. I forsee the prices rising simply for the MASSIVE wave of new gun owners,BAAAAAA,BAAAAAAA. I hope you are allready well stocked SKYDIVER otherwise try and do it ASAP so as not to cut in on the $5.00gal gas or the $4.00 milk. Its starting to get cold I guess its time to burn this soapbox and pass.

I've owned a few different drums over the years, starting back in the early 1990s with a few of the MGI drums... I used one a few times, but never found it to be especially practical (finger gets tired after a while). I think I sold them back in 2002 for about 9x what I paid for them originally (Woo AWB works in my favor!).

I picked up a few of the KCI drums (not made by american tactical, but possibly the same ones ATI is selling) at SHOT this year, they were on special I think I paid like $90 ea. Again, I've only ever used one of the drums, and at that only a few times. It certainly balances nicer than the MGI mag I had all those years ago, and I was warned that you need to be up on the graphite with these mags, so I took the rounds I was going to put in, put them in a tub, sprayed some of the graphite on them and tumbled them around a bit, then started loading, spraying in a little puff every 10 rounds or so. Loading it is kinda've a chore, but the little doo-dad that comes with it makes it fairly easy. After loading, I didn't have any issues with it going through the gun (AR-15 HBAR), the mag didn't give me any issues, but the gun sure got pretty warm. I think I fired about 280 rounds through it (the last 20 I just got too bored to load it).

If you are going to buy one, don't pay too much for it, I wouldn't pay over $120, and even then that seems a bit high. However it is an election year....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top