JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry Guys: Vent Starts!!!

I am not trying to upset anyone, but I am sure the flood gates are about to be opened...

I never bought an AK, even back when there where only $200-300 each. Just because when I was overseas, I traded a pack of Skittles for a full-auto AK just to play with for a few weeks.

So in my sick twisted mind, an Ak is only worth about $.50 to me and it makes me sick to see these piles sell for so much now... :s0155:

Sorry Guys: Vent Ended!!!
Send all those cheap crappy AKs my way, I will properly dispose of them.

You're trolling or seriously lack an understanding of supply and demand.

What venting?

-1/10

I was just playing around with the post, but if you want to get serious:

I believe this is more of a "Derived Demand" created by the media and not so much of the actual need or value of the firearm or the firearms industries as a whole. This buying frenzy was created by the media and fueled by consumers, which has brought us here.

Don’t get me wrong, I have loved this last six months, buying low and selling extremely high has allowed me to purchase and build many rifles at no cost to myself. I do thank you for that…

If you cant understand that, sorry, and I wish you the best...

Sorry Guys: Vent Starts!!!

I am not trying to upset anyone, but I am sure the flood gates are about to be opened...

I never bought an AK, even back when there where only $200-300 each. Just because when I was overseas, I traded a pack of Skittles for a full-auto AK just to play with for a few weeks.

So in my sick twisted mind, an Ak is only worth about $.50 to me and it makes me sick to see these piles sell for so much now... :s0155:

Sorry Guys: Vent Ended!!!

I agree, I have never jumped on the band wagon but wish I would have about 8-9 years ago. I would have a lot more funds to play with if I did.

I was just playing around with the post, but if you want to get serious:

I believe this is more of a "Derived Demand" created by the media and not so much of the actual need or value of the firearm or the firearms industries as a whole. This buying frenzy was created by the media and fueled by consumers, which has brought us here.

Don't get me wrong, I have loved this last six months, buying low and selling extremely high has allowed me to purchase and build many rifles at no cost to myself. I do thank you for that...

If you cant understand that, sorry, and I wish you the best...

Thank ME for what? I haven't bought any of the stuff you've apparently resold at todays inflated prices (can't say that I blame you really, but don't thank me...)

In any case, back on topic - I understand what you're saying, prices have been driven through the roof lately... however you state in your post that you don't think AKs are worth even $200-$300. I think you're wrong, but it's your money.

As to the whole "derived demand" thing, you're more than welcome to your opinion but given current import laws, the numbers of kits & parts still on the market, etc. it is my view that the inflated prices are in fact at least partially a result of a dwindling supply of parts in addition to the Obama panic.

You imply that an AK has little to no inherent value... They are apparently "piles" (of we-know-what but can't type that here:rolleyes:) in your view. All AKs... "piles"... worth a pack of skittles, if that, apparently...

I have a hard time believing that someone who actually has experience with the platform would have such an opinion of the AK family of weapons.

I stand by my original assessment of your post. Huge generalization of a popular weapon system saying that they're all crap and not worth buying. Sounds like trolling to me but sometimes my funny bone is busted and I just feel like being a *******... Are we allowed to type that here..? :s0114:

ETA: SERIOUSLY??? a synonym for born out wedlock isn't allowed? Blank me sideways I'm about ready to get myself banned on purpose one of these days because I just can't hold in the profanity anymore...

Last Edited:
There are certain weapon systems that don't excite me..........I would be wrong to say they are worthless.

I agree with you there! I like ARs, I like AKs - I love to build both of them... but something like the F.A.L. has never piqued my interest. I don't make a judgement on the weapon system other than to say, "it's not my thing".

You guys must all be Dems because he was tongue in cheek posting, as I have in the past, and everyone starts complaining like a bunch of old ladies. Mods....oh Mods can we get an admin and give someone an infraction? This is the Internet...right?

So emotional

I even agree with him to some point and look at my handle. Ever seen one fire in slow motion.?

The other side of the coin is:

Let's say we spend two months in the rain near the Hoh River with an AR and an AK with nothing but salmon fat or elk grease to keep the action lubed.

Sure, take the tacticool AR. I'll be fine with the AK.

What do you have to say to that Mr. Fancy Pants? :s0155:

Personally, I think saying that the media is part of the force driving up gun sales, isnt true. The media these days is 99% liberal. They dont want to give guns anything but bad publicity. Whats driving up the cost is simply supply and demand, driven by a bit of word of mouth fears about stricter gun laws and civil wars.

But on the subject of AKs, my personal opinion is this...

No, Im never probably going to be stuck on the Hoh River with an AK. But having a gun with the loose tolerances, and therefore higher performace in adverse conditions(with a bit of negitave effect in the accuracy department) will always have a spot in my gun safe. The AK is the 1980s Toyota Celica of guns. They may not be the prettiest cars on the road, but they run forever as long as you keep some oil in them, and they'll hold up to just about any kind of abuse you can give them.

Are they worth $700.00 to me? Not unless I was rich. But should they be worth alot of money now, even though they used to be cheap? I think we can find that example in anything, and at least the value is there in the quality of the AKs. So I say, want an AK??? Go pay what theyre selling for and dont worry about it. Dont want one? Dont buy one.

Come on guys, opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one, and they all stink. The OP feels like they dont have much value, and from his perspective I can see why. All of this could be said of ANY gun that has gone sky high in value, and it's just something we all have to deal with at this point.