JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe it's all the guys that have had their Paypal accounts locked for selling gun parts.............:s0131:

I can guarantee you that I could get your Paypal closed with a ten dollar Payment and the words AR15 assault weapon parts in under 2 weeks and your account would be locked up for months. And all this outside of eBay.

PayPal is from California. We know how California stands on guns, alcohol, tobacco, paint, black cars, immigrant health care, migrant workers, gangs, car emissions, unqualified Governators, so from reasons of deduction.. one would assume that it could possibly be a 'dont ask, don't tell' or do anything painfully obvious regarding payments sent or received.

Your actions define who you are and what you stand for. Not your thoughts, beliefs, words, philosophies, or risk analyses.

Politians everywhere would have you believe their words and not look at their actions.

The reasoning behind your buisness actions is no where near as important as your actions..

If you view PayPal's firearms policies, they clearly state that they do not support payments for firearms. However, they also do not permit transactions for tobacco products, switchblades, pharmaceuticals, Native American artifacts, "mature audience" items, or dozens of other regulated items and substances that present a potential legal liability listed in their 'acceptable use' section.

Taken all in, all it is my belief that their policy amounts to nothing more than a business decision to limit their liability and minimize exposure to their shareholders by minimizing their risk.

By being party to the sale of a firearm transaction gone awry, the convoluted and disparate laws of the country could place their business in severe jeopardy of lawsuit. Just because a business chooses to limit their liabilit does not amount to an anti-anything policy.

PayPal is no more "anti-gun" than they are "anti-smoking", or "anti-drinking" because they also decline to permit transactions in tobacco or alcohol products.

:huh:

So it's not their actual practice of being anti-gun or their anti-gun rules that make them anti-gun but it's what that makes them not anti-gun?

Is there any way to tell the difference between a company that is truly anti-gun and one that is not anti-gun, but has anti-gun policies?

In order to determine that someone/company is anti-gun, do they have to have a written policy stating that they want there to be no more guns?

Sooooo, these are "pro" gun policies ?.......:s0001:

What types of firearms-related items does PayPal prohibit?

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/m...&countrycode=AU&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9022

PayPal prohibits all account holders from buying or selling any type of firearm and certain firearm parts and ammunition.

Firearms – Include all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they are intended for use in sporting, as collectibles, or as curio and relic firearms. These items are prohibited regardless of their present working order.

Firearm parts – Include, but are not limited to, receivers and frames, silencers, kits designed to convert a firearm to automatic firing capability, high capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers.

Ammunition – Includes ammunition with propellant, such as gunpowder or blank ammunition. Ammunition is defined as ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun guns – For US residents, PayPal allows transactions for stun guns only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. US sellers must ensure that each transaction is legal in both locations before completing the sale. Transactions for stun guns involving account holders outside the US are prohibited.

Other Related Items – PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition.

That is a good question... Do any CEO, Managers, Senior Leaders or shareholders have guns? Do they just want to avoid selling the actual firearm and selling of tactical accessories, scopes, lasers, etc... are acceptable? I know that there is a case of someones brothers, littler sister, baby sitters friend who's account was frozen due to selling an item. But?

I know my Paypal account was frozen because of their anti-gun policy! ;)

I can go purchase a Full Auto M16 on my Visa card and my account will not be closed. I can transport that M16 in my car and my car insurance will not be canceled, I can store that M16 in my house and my home insurance will not be canceled.

Paypal is anti-gun because of what they do period.

I know my Paypal account was frozen because of their anti-gun policy! ;)

I can go purchase a Full Auto M16 on my Visa card and my account will not be closed. I can transport that M16 in my car and my car insurance will not be canceled, I can store that M16 in my house and my home insurance will not be canceled.

Paypal is anti-gun because of what they do period.

That about sums it up.

That is a good question... Do any CEO, Managers, Senior Leaders or shareholders have guns? Do they just want to avoid selling the actual firearm and selling of tactical accessories, scopes, lasers, etc... are acceptable?

By this definition, the Brady bill was pro gun. The US Government is pro-gun. The California legistlature is pro gun. :huh: All the people who write the anti-gun laws have guns and special rules that allow them anything they want. This does not make them pro-gun. Their actions define them as anti-gun. They have no problem with you selling scopes and lasers, but they don't want you selling an actual gun.

I want to give you credit for thinking for yourself and not just jumping on some bandwagon, but it appears this position needs to be seriously re-thought.

People and organizations are defined by their actions.

How about a private party sell of a firearm. We all do it, and how many people use a "bill of sale". If you are really pro gun and believe that everyone should own one...

I DON'T believe that everyone should have a gun. I doubt that anyone believes that. Felons and criminals should not have guns. Neither should illegal immigrants, minors, or the insane.

If you are really pro gun and believe that everyone should own one, why do you have a bill of sale? Is it to protect your own interest?

Yup. I require a bill of sale on every transaction. It is indeed to protect my own interests. If the gun comes back stolen, the money I was given is counterfeit, or if the gun is found at a crime scene, I will give that information to the police. What could this possibly have to do with my pro-gun stance?

Try to think of a reason besides protecting your own interest... If you can't, you might be anti gun! (i.e. protecting ones own interest in relationship to firearms is anti-gun)

I sold a car a few years back and I wrote a bill of sale. The same as for the table saw and treadmill that I bought from private parties. That doesn't make me anti-car, anti-tool, or anti-excercise.

Yeah, I want to protect myself and so does Paypal, but how does that excuse thier anti-gun actions. Taking the simple step of requiring to see id is NOT the same as closing an active account and seizing the funds because a transaction was gun related.

Be honest, if your bank found out that you wrote a check for a gun part and closed your account, you would consider their actions to be anti-gun and unreasonable. A reasonable person would NOT conclude that the bank was just protecting their own interests.

Let's keep this straight. Ebay owns PayPal. Both are extremely anti-gun and their leaders are extremely liberal. Typical California.

Ebay allows certain gun related items because they are also money hungry. Ebay has an adults only section and allows p0rn. They can make whatever choices they choose.

I use PayPal regularly for guns and ammo and powder - you name it. I just have to know who I'm dealing with and that nothing and nobody will mention what the actual item is. You just check the "other" box.

There is a risk that the other party will do something stupid.

I have operated that way as well Gunner. And I utilize my paypal account frequently for lots of online purchases. I have heard lots of stories of accounts being closed. I signed up for Gunpal. This prevents me from putting my paypal account in jeopardy.
I was impressed with how easy and little information was needed to register a gunpal account. I now use it for all firearm related purchases.

they froze my account because some bone head who was buying a upper who actully knew better typed these words " Colt Ar15 upper from ar15.com"

it was those words that got my account froze

they said using buying gun parts are against their policy

i have not gone back

Let's keep this straight. Ebay owns PayPal. Both are extremely anti-gun and their leaders are extremely liberal...

To be fair, eBay has always had a "no guns" policy, even with an apparently staunch registered Republican as CEO from the early days all the way until 2008. Not able to find any info on the political affiliations of the current boss. Ebay is not a gun-friendly business, but "they're owned by hardcore leftists" isn't the reason.

PayPal is from California. We know how California stands on guns, alcohol, tobacco, paint, black cars, immigrant health care, migrant workers, gangs, car emissions, unqualified Governators, so from reasons of deduction.. one would assume that it could possibly be a 'dont ask, don't tell' or do anything painfully obvious regarding payments sent or received.

PLEASE don't lump all from calif into one classification .. look @ the blue / red map next time theres an election .. most of CA is republican .. its the large populated areas that votes the wrong way .. kinda like oregon ..

To be fair, eBay has always had a "no guns" policy, even with an apparently staunch registered Republican as CEO from the early days all the way until 2008. Not able to find any info on the political affiliations of the current boss. Ebay is not a gun-friendly business, but "they're owned by hardcore leftists" isn't the reason.

they have had a no gun policy .. but around 3 yrs ago they got even more restrictive ... (thats when i quit using them) ...Don

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top