JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Jed , Funny the guy I bought it from sold me each mag with both of the different catches u pictured. And they both fit the rifle. Ive just never fired it so im not sure how they both feed. Will one feed better then the other?

Jed , Funny the guy I bought it from sold me each mag with both of the different catches u pictured. And they both fit the rifle. Ive just never fired it so im not sure how they both feed. Will one feed better then the other?

Traditionally, the L1A1 is an inch pattern, used by Canada: L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If there is one of each, chances are it's an Inch pattern that *may* use metric mags.

I have an Oly-Arms FAL. Originally I had Metric mags, but they would drop slightly at the nose area, which would result in the bullets stovepiping into the receiver slightly below the feed ramp. I switched to the Inch magazines, and the problem went away. While I have not measured, I'm of the impression that the specs that Oly used were slightly off due to some reading.

Here's a link to Century Arms' presentation of the differences: The main difference between the inch and metric receivers is the cut in the forward face of the magazine well

Just to confirm, it's a CAI (Century Arms International) receiver, correct?

I hope the information helps you and please know that it's not to distract from your sale. If I had the money, we'd be talking :)

Its no problem, like I said in the post I dont know much about this rifle let alone any FAL. So I appreciate the information.

But yes its a CAI receiver if my eyes serve me correct. Maybe I should take the rifle out to the range and test it as I havnt fired it yet to see how both mags perform. I can tell the mag with the larger catch sits alot higher than the other mag.

My purpose of selling this rifle is to put the cash towards a DSArms SA58. Is it worth it and do you know the difference in the 2 rifles?

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.