JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whoever you bring it to will do an acid test on evrrything unless its stamped with its purity. Then they will weight it and times it by their scrap value. This value is less then curret metal prices because if its bad jewelry they will just scrap it out amd have to pay a refinery to melt and purify it. If its good metal then it will have a higher value then scrap. You would be better selling it like on craiglist or ebay. Just my thoughts. Feel free to bring it into a shop and let them give you a quote for it. You can always say no thanks and leave.

There's a good shop in Multnomah Village (SW Portland) on Troy St., too.

Personally, I'd recommend keeping precious metals in smaller sizes or denominations. If you're ever forced to trade a portion of what you have in exchange for say... something you need to survive... maybe a few ounces might do the trick. Kind of a tough spot to be in if a 1-2 pound bar is all you have.

Sort of the heavy metal equivalent of "Can you break a hundred?"

If you have any generic silver coins I would pay you melt value. A dealer/pawn will pay you $1 less than melt value. Silver Eagles, Philharmonics, Pandas, etc of course command a premium. Referring to your comment that you have 'other silver things.'

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top