JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just wondering if anyone can help me with information as to what I should do. I went to Fred Meyers three days ago to purchase a firearm. I was told my application is being delayed. The employee told me they would call me when they heard back if I'm approved. I still haven't heard back. I don't understand because I purchased a firearm year ago and it only took 20 mins to get approved.

Every 4 years and 8 months the Oregon State Police will delete your firearm application buying records.
So, if you have any sort of previous issues like a class B misdemeanor, it will now come up on their screens and cause a delay.
Look up their online web site, look for their phone number and start calling them asking for an explanation.
They are so backed up right now, that anything can cause a delay.

Thank you so much. I have never been in trouble with the law, besides a couple of speeding tickets in 2002. I did change my first name in 1998. So maybe that is why there is a hold up. I called the Highway Patrol but got their answering machine and left a message. Thank you

Every 4 years and 8 months the Oregon State Police will delete your firearm application buying records.
So, if you have any sort of previous issues like a class B misdemeanor, it will now come up on their screens and cause a delay.
Look up their online web site, look for their phone number and start calling them asking for an explanation.
They are so backed up right now, that anything can cause a delay.
Do you know how long it can take to hear back.

The OSP will have given the FFL (Fred Meyer) a date (usually 30-35 days from the day of denial) that requires them to either deny the purchase, or, at their digression, extend the current delay indefinitely.
Tigard Pawn 4 More is the only FFL that I know of in this area that after failing from receiving another extension from the OSP, will hand over your firearm after waiting 4 days from the waiting period deadline.

:)You are at the mercy of the gubment unfortunately.

Best thing you can do is get a CHL even if you don't want to carry is helps fast track you when purchasing.

I'm sorry for your trouble. It's so frustrating.

All you can do now is be patient. Because nothing you will do can really help at this point.

NICS is overwhelmed right now nation wide. I was on the phone with Seattle FBI this morning to get all the information to get my U-PIN. He said that it is literally a "hit or miss" when it comes to Delay Or Accept Or Deny right now. Just be patient. I too got my first delay last month and was pissed, but I think it was 6 days later not including the holiday and weekend I got the call to come grab my firearm.
1620504_707551419290038_314931216_n.jpg

I went to my local gun shop and purchased my first hand gun a few days ago and got a delay. I was told since I am from CA, it could take up until April 26 to hear back since NCIS and the state were so backed up.

I went home, did some more research, and figured I'd buy the upgraded version of the weapon I had put a deposit on the day before. If I had to wait, I'd might as well buy the better one.

I went in the next day, they cancelled the NCIS BC on me and started another with the serial of the new, upgraded handgun.

Approved on the spot.

The NCIS is really broken. It really should not take them this long to get the information and get back to an FFL.

Also - I have no criminal record whatsoever, no restraining orders, etc. Nothing that would even remotely keep me from purchasing a firearm.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I went back to Fred Meyers and cancelled my purchased for the firearm. I then went to Bi-Mart and got approved in 20 minutes. I am now a happy camper. LOL Thanks again everyone. I love this site.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews