JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is the typical wait time after receiving a 'delayed" decision on gun purchase in OR? I have purchased a few firearms in the past couple few years with instant approval, also possess CCW licenses. Being a WA resident have anything to do with it? What gives???
Thank you for your input!

Ummmm... Me thinks the firearm needs to be transferred to a WA FFL and the transfer take place there...

Assuming you are talking about a handgun purchase/transfer...

I could be wrong, I've been known to be in the past...

There is no telling. I've been instantly approved, delayed with an approval literally 1 min later, go the three day distance without an approval and picked it up, and everything in between.

That's why I only do business with FFLs whose policy is to release it after the minimum legal requirement of three days.

What is the typical wait time after receiving a 'delayed" decision on gun purchase in OR? I have purchased a few firearms in the past couple few years with instant approval, also possess CCW licenses. Being a WA resident have anything to do with it? What gives???
Thank you for your input!

These days, I'm thinking 60 days. Wifey's first delay 5 years ago was 30 days. At the gun show in November ,5 years later, she was delayed again. At the time of the delay, Kieth of Kieth's Guns in Gresham called after the delay. The number given was 60 days. That will be the 22nd of this month, we'll see.

IMO, a dealer giving the gun to a person who has not been fully cleared by OSP/NISC is foolish at best, and criminal at the worst.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top