JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you so much. I have never been in trouble with the law, besides a couple of speeding tickets in 2002. I did change my first name in 1998. So maybe that is why there is a hold up. I called the Highway Patrol but got their answering machine and left a message. Thank you

No one refers to the Oregon State Police as the Highway Patrol. Are you originally from California?

I went to my local gun shop and purchased my first hand gun a few days ago and got a delay. I was told since I am from CA, it could take up until April 26 to hear back since NCIS and the state were so backed up.

I went home, did some more research, and figured I'd buy the upgraded version of the weapon I had put a deposit on the day before. If I had to wait, I'd might as well buy the better one.

I went in the next day, they cancelled the NCIS BC on me and started another with the serial of the new, upgraded handgun.

Approved on the spot.

The NCIS is really broken. It really should not take them this long to get the information and get back to an FFL.

Also - I have no criminal record whatsoever, no restraining orders, etc. Nothing that would even remotely keep me from purchasing a firearm.

It was not NICS that is broken, but the Oregon State Police firearms division. The clerks who run the background checks are the problem. Since you were clear on NICS, but still delayed, the first clerk probably said to him/her self "OMG he is from California, we have to dig deep into his background to see if there are any hits for his name. Could take months for them to get back to us, but who cares".

The second clerk probably said "NICS is clear, **** it he's good"

Thank you so much. I have never been in trouble with the law, besides a couple of speeding tickets in 2002. I did change my first name in 1998. So maybe that is why there is a hold up. I called the Highway Patrol but got their answering machine and left a message. Thank you

Thank you everyone for your comments. I went back to Fred Meyers and cancelled my purchased for the firearm. I then went to Bi-Mart and got approved in 20 minutes. I am now a happy camper. LOL Thanks again everyone. I love this site.

I got myself a Remington 870

I bet you changed your first name to "Trouble", huh?

:D

I get delayed every time I buy a gun so it's not really anything to worry about unless they come back and say denied then you should start making phone calls and go visit the OSP AND ASK QUESTIONS I live WA so it's usually 5 day's shortest wait was 3 day's and I have bought hand guns shotgun 's and AR RIFLE 'S put on delay for all

Well I assume that the reason I am delayed every time is because I have been arrested before lol more than once but never felony and the one time they did charge me with felony I got lawyer and told him I will never plead to a felony charges so it went to court and was nocked down to lower charges but that was over 25 year's ago when I was young and dumb and you no the rest of that sane OR it could be because when they enter my last name in the system all kinds of red flags come up because of my outlaw brother lol in prison as we speak mmmmm

If they search enough we all have an outlaw brother. 40 years ago I was charged with assault. It was dropped because it was a mistake...but, it still shows up (had to explain it for a job with DOJ) Got the job but I still get delayed 75% of the the time. I received a VAF UPIN which worked for awhile until I got old and forgot it. Now, again I am delayed and the NICS website says there is a minimum 5 month waiting period before they can even start to look into it. As for Washington State, down here in Clark county, I sent for a long gun from Nevada. Learn from this: I could of had it sent to an FFL in Portland saving me $200 for tax AND being delayed in Oregon (NW Armory here I come) would mean a 3 day wait instead of the 10 days now required in Washington for long guns. I can be taught! I sure see why most folks are building their own AR's

I'm currently experiencing a delay... so are a couple other people I know. And even though I've been using the same FFL for transfers for about 4 yrs they won't release my gun until it clears, hopefully on 6/12 (so says OSP).

MY FFL guy says he's never seen so many delays as in 2017.

BTW: XDM 3.8c. Companion piece for my XDM 4.5. Getting antsy to buy another Walther before the $100 MIR expires... maybe 2.

its all part of their plan. Just wait until Brownstain gets her indefinite waiting period bill passed. you buy your gun then never get to own it because your " delayed.. " forever.

Anyone with a chl ever get delayed? I never have so I wonder if that would help you guys that continually get delayed? I was young and dumb once too but have never had an issue. Never was charged with a felony but had a few run-ins with the local sherrifs back in my late teens, early 20's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top