JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You must obviously own a Del-ton or a DPMS. But that's cool, believe whatever you'd like. :s0155:

I believe that bullets have primers, that Del-Ton and DPMS are junk, and that cases are called chocolate pudding. I believe that most barrels (and therefore chambers) which are stamped 5.56x45mm are actually .223.

I get that from reading the experts. :s0155:

When did they start putting primers in bullets?

I don't believe you've had much experience (thousands of rounds) with Del-ton or DPMS, or bullets or primers or chocolate pudding either, obviously.

Jeepers Gunner. Do you try to turn every thread into a match of put-downs or does it just come naturally? Give a guy a break for lack of proper nomenclature. Everybody knew what he meant. What has your experience been with Del-ton, DPMS, or other low-end brands?

Jeepers Gunner. Do you try to turn every thread into a match of put-downs or does it just come naturally? Give a guy a break for lack of proper nomenclature. Everybody knew what he meant. What has your experience been with Del-ton, DPMS, or other low-end brands?

I think someone else turned the thread into a put-down of my Del-Ton and DPMS rifles. I don't believe he intended to make any friends with that.

That "someone" is an expert who doesn't know the difference between a bullet and a casing.

What can I tell Ya? :s0155:

My experience has been great, especially with the Del-Tons. I just passed 5k trouble free rounds in one. Someone right above me says 50,000. I don't think our "friend" needs to be knocking our rifles and then not expect some push-back.

I think someone else turned the thread into a put-down of my Del-Ton and DPMS rifles. I don't believe he intended to make any friends with that.

That "someone" is an expert who doesn't know the difference between a bullet and a casing.

My experience has been great, especially with the Del-Tons. I just passed 5k trouble free rounds in one. Someone right above me says 50,000. I don't think our "friend" needs to be knocking our rifles and then not expect some push-back.

I'll tell you what's not fair... You apparently have two ARs (or more). That's not fair. :D

I have no where near that many rounds through my dpms upper but have had no trouble. A friend of mine has a bushmaster that started having trouble feeding after about 70+ rounds. Of course he failed to follow the recommended 'break-in' specified by the manufacturer:)

The thing with DPMS is that they are inconsistent. Some chambers may be 556, some may be 223. I guess its just the luck of the draw. You will probably never know until the day that you decide to shoot some military surplus 5.56 NATO 62gr bullets and have the primer blow out of the back of the bullet due to the bullet being too long for the 223 chamber. Here is a little article that explains it. <broken link removed>
Gas%20key%20stake%20job.jpg
Properly staked gas key, again, inconsistent with cheaper brand AR's. If it doesn't look like this, the screws could loosen and kaboom!

Can you explain why it would "kaboom"?

Last edited by a moderator:

I wish I had enough time in my day to scan this whole forum to find posts that I take as offensive, but I don't and don't care too. I have been around quite a few AR's and have built many. I've seen some problems that you may or may not have. I shoot as often as I can, money, wife and weather permitting. I have plenty of acquaintances in the "AR industry" that eat, sleep and breathe AR's all day long. Go over to the Rainier Arms website and tell me what brands they sell and don't sell. There is a reason why they sell the products they do and reasons why they don't sell the products they don't. I have had people on this forum pm me about AR's I was selling or for advice and have offered to assemble their rifle free of charge if they decided to build their own. That way they will have an understanding of the inner workings of their rifle and will be able to diagnose problems as they arise. I have nothing to gain by bad mouthing any brand over another and I have never tried to push anyone in to buying my stuff. I regularly fix problems free of charge for friends and people I work with when they do have problems and I can say in honesty that they aren't needing their Colts or their LMT rifles repaired. To all the people that have had zero problems with their AR's, cool :s0155: That's what shooting and having fun are all about. To all of the people who have had problems (read the title of this thread and the ops original post), my advice is to use quality components and build your own. You can build one using better components for about the same price you can buy a lower quality AR that's already assembled. Usually cheap and quality are not features that you get in an AR or anything else in this world, but for most people it's good enough until it stops working. As far as the little things, like a staked gas key, most average gun buyers aren't going to even think about checking stuff like this after every range session and it's a shame that some manufacturers don't take an extra 5 minutes to do something that could have catastrophic effects if not done and done correctly. I like to build my rifles as if my life might depend on it someday and I don't think that I should have to worry that my gas key might loosen up on me or the nut holding my receiver extension tube on to the receiver might loosen up and I don't think that Joe Gunbuyer should have to worry about these things either. The post where I typed "bullet" instead of "case" was made while I was sitting in bed having my wife whining to me to get off the computer because it was bedtime and she wanted me to turn out the light and turn off the computer so should could go to sleep. I typed that post pretty hastily. Thanks for proofreading it for me though. I think most people understood what I was talking about. Sorry if anyone felt offended from my original post. It was nothing personal against anyone here. I'll refrain from posting anymore in this thread now or on any thread where someone is looking for advice on their xxxxxxxx brand AR. I'm glad the op got his upper fixed. Maybe Del-Ton's QC department will get on the ball now becasue something like that should have never left their facility.

I wish I had enough time in my day to scan this whole forum to find posts that I take as offensive, but I don't and don't care too. I have been around quite a few AR's and have built many. I've seen some problems that you may or may not have. I shoot as often as I can, money, wife and weather permitting. I have plenty of acquaintances in the "AR industry" that eat, sleep and breathe AR's all day long. Go over to the Rainier Arms website and tell me what brands they sell and don't sell. There is a reason why they sell the products they do and reasons why they don't sell the products they don't. I have had people on this forum pm me about AR's I was selling or for advice and have offered to assemble their rifle free of charge if they decided to build their own. That way they will have an understanding of the inner workings of their rifle and will be able to diagnose problems as they arise. I have nothing to gain by bad mouthing any brand over another and I have never tried to push anyone in to buying my stuff. I regularly fix problems free of charge for friends and people I work with when they do have problems and I can say in honesty that they aren't needing their Colts or their LMT rifles repaired. To all the people that have had zero problems with their AR's, cool :s0155: That's what shooting and having fun are all about. To all of the people who have had problems (read the title of this thread and the ops original post), my advice is to use quality components and build your own. You can build one using better components for about the same price you can buy a lower quality AR that's already assembled. Usually cheap and quality are not features that you get in an AR or anything else in this world, but for most people it's good enough until it stops working. As far as the little things, like a staked gas key, most average gun buyers aren't going to even think about checking stuff like this after every range session and it's a shame that some manufacturers don't take an extra 5 minutes to do something that could have catastrophic effects if not done and done correctly. I like to build my rifles as if my life might depend on it someday and I don't think that I should have to worry that my gas key might loosen up on me or the nut holding my receiver extension tube on to the receiver might loosen up and I don't think that Joe Gunbuyer should have to worry about these things either. The post where I typed "bullet" instead of "case" was made while I was sitting in bed having my wife whining to me to get off the computer because it was bedtime and she wanted me to turn out the light and turn off the computer so should could go to sleep. I typed that post pretty hastily. Thanks for proofreading it for me though. I think most people understood what I was talking about. Sorry if anyone felt offended from my original post. It was nothing personal against anyone here. I'll refrain from posting anymore in this thread now or on any thread where someone is looking for advice on their xxxxxxxx brand AR. I'm glad the op got his upper fixed. Maybe Del-Ton's QC department will get on the ball now becasue something like that should have never left their facility.

I haven't read many of your posts (this one included), but from what I have read I can tell that you hate DPMS, del-ton, and paragraphs.

I haven't had any experience with del-ton, but my DPMS with it's properly staked gas keys have just shy of 15,000 rounds of .223 and 5.56 through it and has proven to be more reliable than the jam-0-matic colt that it replaced.

Also, i'm a big fan of paragraphs.

I wish I had enough time in my day to scan this whole forum to find posts that I take as offensive, but I don't and don't care too. I have been around quite a few AR's and have built many. I've seen some problems that you may or may not have. I shoot as often as I can, money, wife and weather permitting. I have plenty of acquaintances in the "AR industry" that eat, sleep and breathe AR's all day long. Go over to the Rainier Arms website and tell me what brands they sell and don't sell. There is a reason why they sell the products they do and reasons why they don't sell the products they don't. I have had people on this forum pm me about AR's I was selling or for advice and have offered to assemble their rifle free of charge if they decided to build their own. That way they will have an understanding of the inner workings of their rifle and will be able to diagnose problems as they arise. I have nothing to gain by bad mouthing any brand over another and I have never tried to push anyone in to buying my stuff. I regularly fix problems free of charge for friends and people I work with when they do have problems and I can say in honesty that they aren't needing their Colts or their LMT rifles repaired. To all the people that have had zero problems with their AR's, cool :s0155: That's what shooting and having fun are all about. To all of the people who have had problems (read the title of this thread and the ops original post), my advice is to use quality components and build your own. You can build one using better components for about the same price you can buy a lower quality AR that's already assembled. Usually cheap and quality are not features that you get in an AR or anything else in this world, but for most people it's good enough until it stops working.

If you know so much more than I do, why don't you know that bullets don't have primers?

I'll tell you what's not fair... You apparently have two ARs (or more). That's not fair. :D

I have no where near that many rounds through my dpms upper but have had no trouble. A friend of mine has a bushmaster that started having trouble feeding after about 70+ rounds. Of course he failed to follow the recommended 'break-in' specified by the manufacturer:)

I guess I'm really not fair, I have several Bushmasters and Olympic arms :D

Oh, and for the record they function flawlessly and are very accurate

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR