JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Riot's, Burning buildings & cars, Vandalism, Large gatherings of unruly people, Breaking windows and looting. Destruction of property. Business shut down/ended because fear of retaliation. The CHOP in Washington. Months of protests in Portland, resulting in downtown looking pretty grim. My favorite statue of an elk, Gone!

These are a few of the things that have been happening lately due, allegedly, to George Floyd and the BLM movement.

I watch the news each day, and am dumbfounded as to why our leaders appear to be doing nothing to curb this behavior?

I watch as the DA says charges will be dropped against BLM rioter's. I see the police having there hands tied. I wonder if I am going insane as City Council's are actually defunding the police, or at least considering it? Mayors that appear to be gutless cowards, by not putting an end to the protests/ civil unrest? The Seattle police chief's career ended? City leaders refusing help from the Fed's to bring things under control? WTF?

Have I lost touch with reality? How is it that these things are being allowed to happen?

Since I think I am still sane, and am trying to sort this all out - Perhaps I am part of the sheeple who don't see the bigger picture. That's it! Perhaps I'm not seeing the Forrest through the trees? It's either that, or I have lost it, and, stick me with a fork, I'm done!

Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma city bombing of the Alfred Murrah Federal building. Waco, Texas - and The Branch Davidian. Sandy Hook. Stephen Paddock in Vegas, 2017. James Jones in Guyana. On and on it goes. A long and ugly list of people who had an ax to grind and the outcomes were very bad.

In light of historical events by people that were unhappy with the way things were/are, The BLM movement looks pretty tame. This epiphany - is reassuring to me.

We are a country/world in crisis right now. Covid-19 (Possible death & continuing future health problems) . Record unemployment. Countless business failures due to Covid. "The New Normal". One third of all renters unable to pay there rent right now, and the avalanche of forthcoming evictions & homelessness. Financial uncertainty. Bailout checks. Trillions of dollars in new Federal debt, and the certainty that you and I am going to have to eventually bay the bill, If I am still alive when the bill comes due. Will I eat tomorrow? I can go on and on but you get the point.

Where am I going with this rant? Well here it is - This country is like a powder keg with the fuse lit and getting ready to explode. I believe, that perhaps, our civic leaders are looking at the civil unrest and saying - "not too bad", given the circumstances. Let the people blow off some steam, before things really get out of hand!

God help us all if it come's to bullet's, from Me, You, or the Police/Military.

Last Edited:
Thanks. I'm super-dumb about that.
And I just threw a little sarcasm at you with the "Useful Info" emoji as a response to the above... ;)

I'm all about the sarc. Just read my signature line... :cool:

Last Edited:
65F61D73-43C2-4DB0-A7CA-059423E5C916.jpeg

9D6D210C-E4F1-40C8-ABD4-965C25F3E243.jpeg
5D4E7D91-FA94-447A-8FCB-7F51CCB6B8F9.jpeg
16DDB95F-7220-465F-9E34-ACC5FCA7AA37.jpeg
385C734A-CAB1-40F7-93FC-53D7646A1115.jpeg
....as in, for this reason, they have been turned over to a reprobate mind because they did not love the truth. It's happening. Get ready.

I watch the news each day, ..........................................................................................................................................................

Phew, that was close. I started reading your post and, luckily, got to this part and stopped reading. It will help you quite a bit if you quit doing this ^^ now.

You're welcome!

Last Edited:
Riot's, Burning buildings & cars, Vandalism, Large gatherings of unruly people, Breaking windows and looting. Destruction of property. Business shut down/ended because fear of retaliation. The CHOP in Washington. Months of protests in Portland, resulting in downtown looking pretty grim. My favorite statue of an elk, Gone!

These are a few of the things that have been happening lately due, allegedly, to George Floyd and the BLM movement.

I watch the news each day, and am dumbfounded as to why our leaders appear to be doing nothing to curb this behavior?

I watch as the DA says charges will be dropped against BLM rioter's. I see the police having there hands tied. I wonder if I am going insane as City Council's are actually defunding the police, or at least considering it? Mayors that appear to be gutless cowards, by not putting an end to the protests/ civil unrest? The Seattle police chief's career ended? City leaders refusing help from the Fed's to bring things under control? WTF?

Have I lost touch with reality? How is it that these things are being allowed to happen?

Since I think I am still sane, and am trying to sort this all out - Perhaps I am part of the sheeple who don't see the bigger picture. That's it! Perhaps I'm not seeing the Forrest through the trees? It's either that, or I have lost it, and, stick me with a fork, I'm done!

Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma city bombing of the Alfred Murrah Federal building. Waco, Texas - and The Branch Davidian. Sandy Hook. Stephen Paddock in Vegas, 2017. James Jones in Guyana. On and on it goes. A long and ugly list of people who had an ax to grind and the outcomes were very bad.

In light of historical events by people that were unhappy with the way things were/are, The BLM movement looks pretty tame. This epiphany - is reassuring to me.

We are a country/world in crisis right now. Covid-19 (Possible death & continuing future health problems) . Record unemployment. Countless business failures due to Covid. "The New Normal". One third of all renters unable to pay there rent right now, and the avalanche of forthcoming evictions & homelessness. Financial uncertainty. Bailout checks. Trillions of dollars in new Federal debt, and the certainty that you and I am going to have to eventually bay the bill, If I am still alive when the bill comes due. Will I eat tomorrow? I can go on and on but you get the point.

Where am I going with this rant? Well here it is - This country is like a powder keg with the fuse lit and getting ready to explode. I believe, that perhaps, our civic leaders are looking at the civil unrest and saying - "not too bad", given the circumstances. Let the people blow off some steam, before things really get out of hand!

God help us all if it come's to bullet's, from Me, You, or the Police/Military.
Grandpa,

I'm the eternal optimist...I know the world has gone through this all, before. Look at the 60's for an example.

I also know that our lives are just a tick in the clock of time and that the earth will balance itself out, whether or not we're around to see it. Just like you, I plan to simply make the most of the time I have left.

We survived 8 years of King Obama (painfully) and even a few years of that cigar aficionado Bill Clinton and his infamous "Clinton Gun Ban". I think we'll weather the next several years. My only real hope is that we don't ignite another civil war, but even if that happens...we survived that one, as well.

The sun WILL rise, in the morning...

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews