JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Defensive Firearms Instruction is starting the TACTICAL HANDGUN TWO course soon.

The Tactical Handgun 2 Course is composed of 8 hours of live fire training that is specifically designed for shooters who are looking to substantially increase their individual skill level. This class is conducted on the range and is a comprehensive skill building course that is designed for Intermediate and advanced shooters
Students will be responsible for providing the following gear:
-Pistol
-3 Magazines
-Holster
-Magazine Pouch
-200 Rounds of Ammo (at the least)
-Eye Protection
-Ear Protection
-Water and a snack
Cost $150

Defensive Firearms Instruction has a staff of instructors that are all combat VET's that have seen combat in multiple countries around the world, If you are wanting to get high quality training go to www.defensivefirearmsinstruction.org and sign up for a course.
Call: Donovan Beard
541-359-8740

No complaints, but I'm failing to see how being a combat vet makes you qualified to teach defensive handgun for civilians. How many of these VETS have ever had to use a handgun in combat? (Cause if your using a handgun in an infantry situation, things have gone VERY, VERY wrong).

What are their qualifications for teaching civilians self-defense techniques for the kinds of situations that a civilian will ever find himself in?

A Little more information might be helpful.

To add, Donovan, your personal CV is pretty impressive. FWIW, your experience in PPDs and MPs is more impressive to me than whatever duty you did in the sandbox. Beeause, as you well know, what applies to a civilian in WA is very different than what applies in Iraq. Also, your experience as a PPD for federal judges seems far more applicable than anything you did in Iraq.

Gunguy45, I appreciate the response and inquiry regarding my background. There are a lot of instructors around and it is important to check out the instructors you are getting training from to ensure quality and safety. I would be more than happy to go a little more in depth with you regarding my Experience and certifications with firearms and training but it would be hard to do this via NWFA or Email. What I would like you to know is that every single staff member of Defensive Firearms Instruction are Full time Instructors and are all USMC Combat vets who not only have experience in the field but have a lot of experience in the training environment. 8+ years as instructors for most of my staff and 11 years for myself. Unfortunately there has traditionally been a disconnect between what is written in a text book and what actually happens in the field. As instructors it our job to bridge that gap using our personal experiences. We draw from our own direct application to benefit our students so they get good information and develop good skills that can make them an asset to our communities. For a full list of services please feel free to contact me directly at 541-359-8740 or visit our website at defensivefirearmsinstruction.org

Your website shows the first one to be May 23. Is this correct? Im planning yup sign up for the Tac1 class in Feb, so I guess that works.

Has anyone on here taken a class from Defensive Firearms before? I'm interested in getting some feedback before signing up.

KTM530xcw, We have the Tactical handgun 2 course listed on the calendar for May 23, We are waiting for approval for our march course that will be held at the Emerald Empire Gun club. I would be more than happy to notify you when that course is on the roster if you would like.

Me and a buddy took the Tactical Shotgun Course a few months ago. The course was great (and included some handgun live fire as well).

I wrote an extensive review at the time.
If you click on my profile, then search my postings, I think you'll still find it.

I am not in any way affiliated with, or compensated by them.

Just appreciated a great experience and a very competent instructor.

Has anyone on here taken a class from Defensive Firearms before? I'm interested in getting some feedback before signing up.

I haven't taken any of his tactical courses but both my wife and I took his CHL course. Donovan is the real deal! He knows how to instruct and how to accommodate people with different skill sets as well as different learning styles. He's about as safe on the range as you can possibly be and knows how to control his class to ensure they learn and are safe while doing it. Oh, and he's a good shot too - one five round pattern consisted of about 2-1/2 holes... That alone doesn't mean he's a good instructor, but he can walk the walk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top