JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry either Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot 9mm 124-grain standard pressure in my S&W M&P9c, and Hornady Critical Defense .38 Special 110-grain standard pressure in my Ruger LCR. If I carried a .45, I'd probably go with 230-grain Gold Dots or HST.

Sent from my mobile device - please excuse any spelling/grammar errors

Winchester Ranger JHP for .40, Critical Duty for 9mm. My carry rounds are just about expired, probably going to all Critical Duty soon.

Greg

How are they "expired"? What are they made of that they expire,when there have been rounds from the second world war that work just fine. And everything today is made of better components.
I mean we buy surplus military ammo and it works pretty good.

Federal Hydrashocks, especially in my .45. Essentialy I use Hydrashocks in all but two of my pistols that don't like them. Also Winchester Silvertips in .357 revolvers. This has been an interesting thread, thanks TrustInFew.

How are they "expired"? What are they made of that they expire,when there have been rounds from the second world war that work just fine. And everything today is made of better components.
I mean we buy surplus military ammo and it works pretty good.

I carry ammo for 6 months continuously, then shoot it and change it out for fresh ammo.

I carry ammo for 6 months continuously, then shoot it and change it out for fresh ammo.

Unless your ammo is severely corroded, has bullet setback or dings it is good nearly forever. Factory carry ammo is very expensive, I prefer to spend $$$ elsewhere and practice with my cheap hard cast reloads

Rem Golden Saber 185 Gr +P in my Kahr P45 for daily carry.
For practice it's Speer Lawman 185 Gr TMJ
In the last few months I've bought some 4 - 5,000 rds via the internet. Do you suppose I'll be getting a visit from the police or BATF now? :s0133:

Just got another 500 rds of the Golden Saber 185 +P in today.

Mine alters little these days, bigger and faster is better as long as you can control it. I would prefer a 40MM if it would not endanger my faction

In my Springfield XD-9 Service: Hornady Critical Duty
In my wife's Taurus Millennium Pro 9mm: Hornady Critical Defense

Both feed reliably and are accurate in our CC handguns (Everything feeds and shoots well in my M9 :D ). I will be trying some other self defense rounds in both pistols this winter.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top