JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
President Obama on Tuesday announced highly anticipated and equally divisive executive orders to amp gun control and reduce firearms-related deaths, including new government research into technology designed to digitally lock and track guns.

"Every single year more than 30,000 have their lives cut short by guns," the president said during a televised speech at the White House Tuesday. "The United States of America is not the the only country on Earth with violent or dangerous people. We are not inherently more prone to violence. But we are the only advanced country on Earth that sees this kind of mass violence erupt with this kind of frequency."

http://www.insidesources.com/defense-department-will-help-implement-obamas-smart-gun-tech/

This will end up just being another waste of taxpayer resources. This will not be adopted (maybe by a few localities) nor do they have the power to enforce it. It's another feel-good measure that has no substance, accompanied by an argument with no basis in fact. The president continues to show himself as 100% completely out of touch and 100% in the camp of arrogant wishful thinking. This will go the way of the billions they invested in, and lost, in green energy startups.

There are currently safe guns available. He should require the SS agents protecting his family to only carry them to prove that they are reliable.

The fact is that ANY electronic measure is going to be inherently unreliable. Who will someone get to sue when a gun fails to fire and a life is lost, because the technology, mandated by the government, fails? I work in an industry where bio reading technology is employed from time to time - I would never, ever, ever trust such technology with my life. These people live in a fantasy land.

What will happen to the 300 million beautiful guns without this RIFD and biometric technology?
:) :)

What will happen when people just say "bubblegum it" and plug in their 3D printer, download open source firearm schematics, and have a functioning firearm by the end of the day? :) :)

What will happen to the 300 million beautiful guns without this RIFD and biometric technology?
:) :)

What will happen when people just say "bubblegum it" and plug in their 3D printer, download open source firearm schematics, and have a functioning firearm by the end of the day? :) :)

The answer is: absolutely nothing - save for maybe a few hundred turned in by government loving anti-gunners that just happen to own an old hunting rifle and want one of these guns to show how 'responsible' they are.

Do they really think that such a system is (1) fool proof and reliable (2) can't be disabled
(3) would ever sell to a knowledgeable gun owner?

How exactly would a biometric/electronic safety device save someone from driving down to the LGS and buying a handgun (after all the legal hurtles) buying a cheap box of ammo. Walking out to the parking lot and sticking the muzzle in their mouth? Its there gun they passed the BGC and now they are one of the 20K suicides that use a firearm.

AND NOTHING ABOUT THIS STUPID WASTE OF MONEY WILL REDUCE THAT.

I think Obama just wants to sell more guns. This technology would certainly add more buyers to the market, as there are probably a lot of women who might buy purse guns if they could be sure no one else could shoot them.

Of course the 300 million in circulation will never be turned in.

As to making manufacturers use it for all guns, that is very, very unlikely, and would look hypocritical as no cops would use such guns. Even if they got this through, defeating the lockout would be trivially easy.

Of all the worries out there, this one is way, way down on my list. It's more a sign of desperation among the gun grabbers, than anything.

Coming from a man-child who has likely never encountered a physical scrap in his silver-spoon life, this is of no real surprise. I knew when the elections started handing him a reformation that the country did not like his policies that he would double down.

I don't recall who said it, but "pestilent child" is spot on. Now heading to the POTUS Countdown thread for some relaxation...tick tock ;).

Let me say this about that, I will never own a firearm that has the potential to be
controlled by a second party without my consent or one that could be rendered
useless by an EMP event or a remote on/off switch. I going to stick with my
old fashion dumb guns that work any and every time I pull the trigger.

........................... Jack

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top