JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stand Your Ground should be a Right for everyone, not a law allowing it. We need to stop giving the Crims the benefit of being able to do whatever they wish with no repercussions. I for one don't want to have to run and hide like a bubblegum if a baddie pulls a knife on me with intentions to take what I own. They make the choice to do what they do, they should be prepared to accept the end of their lives for doing it.

WA doesn't really have a Stand Your Ground law. The courts have taken the position that we don't have to retreat, not that we can stand and fight. Subtle difference but it does exist.

Many states in the past decade have adopted so-called Stand Your Ground laws, which codified the right of a person to use deadly force in self-defense even outside their homes. Washington’s self-defense law is much older, and has been interpreted by the courts — in cases dating back at least to the 1930s — as saying that a person has no obligation to retreat if he or she reasonably perceives a dire threat.

Personally I think it would be better if the right was codified like other states have done.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

It just baffles me how anyone can say you shouldn't be able to stand your ground. I am not 21,I can not run or move anywhere near as fast as I could back then.
I can not run away from trouble. I must be able to stand my ground and take care of matters.Running away does not insure that trouble will go away does it?

I just don't understand how this can really be a fight

The way it should be.
They shouldn't even have to attempt to fight it after their initial case is over. Upon an innocent verdict the funds should be made available immediately and paid to the defendant by the generous folks from the Brady campaign. Lol.

Right on!!!! Good to know if it ever comes to that point.
I shudder to think what the anti-gunners (I know it was a stabbing) think about the SYG law in the future.

Defense of life, liberty and property is enshrined in all western theories of Natural Rights, anyone who denies it seeks to deprive you of all three.

It just baffles me how anyone can say you shouldn't be able to stand your ground. I am not 21,I can not run or move anywhere near as fast as I could back then.
I can not run away from trouble. I must be able to stand my ground and take care of matters.Running away does not insure that trouble will go away does it?

I just don't understand how this can really be a fight

Well it is becoming like the UK here. We have their cameras all over the place. They started it.
They no longer have the right of self defense, they must retreat....
It just keeps leaking to our shores.
I think they forgot about the tea party that took place here, but they seem to be imposing revenge by proxy.
We may have to do this thing all over again.

The way it should be.
They shouldn't even have to attempt to fight it after their initial case is over. Upon an innocent verdict the funds should be made available immediately and paid to the defendant by the generous folks from the Brady campaign. Lol.

Now I totally like that concept :s0155:

I've got a bad back I couldn't hobble away fast enough. Also at 6'3 290lbs. I assume anyone who has the balls to try something will likely try and kill me.

Washington State has a law which requires the Gov to reimburse you for costs in the event you are found Not Guilty by reason of Self Defense. The intent is to prevent an innocent person from being financially destroyed. The last I checked, we are still the only state with this requirement. The referenced court ruling extended the reimbursement to "Lost Wages" and other expenses, not just court costs.

This is not a "Stand Your Ground" case.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top