JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I would come back to this thread for additional details. The date, time, and location are all available in the post along with the information about the event from Radian. You aren't missing anything so far by not having a Facebook account.
I hate to admit it but as a younger man I was a Facebook member for a short while...BUT I DIDN'T INHALE! ;-)

Yes I posted it. People may want reach out on craigslist too. I'm not a fan of the rally being subordinated to a particular brand of something. If there are flyers that don't carry a trademark, I'd suspect it would get more distribution..
Well, being a fan or not of this approach is no reason to criticize the effort. At least they are really doing something!

Is/has anyone checked with Fisherman's Marine or Sportsman's Warehouse to see if they'll allow some flyers on their gun counters? Kieth's, Northwest Armory? Would Lars Larson mention this on his program?

New guy here. I just saw the Armslist post about the rally. I had to take a lot out of it but I was able to turn it into a tweet including this website for info. I'll keep tweeting it daily til rally day. Maybe others will follow my lead and retweet it far and wide.

View attachment 551268
Nicely done, This rally might set records. I am seeing this rally talked about all over the internet, looks like some good speakers
too. Looking forward to it.

Would any of the members here that live in central Oregon be interested in helping organizing a convoy over the mountain from Bend?
On the facebook post for the event, a lot of people plan on forming carshare.

Depending on if I can talk one of my kids (or more?) into going, I plan on offering 1-3 seats in my own car, or ride share with someone else, in the Washington County area. Let's make it fun!

Defend the 2nd Rally

Yes I posted it. People may want reach out on craigslist too. I'm not a fan of the rally being subordinated to a particular brand of something. If there are flyers that don't carry a trademark, I'd suspect it would get more distribution..

To be fair, the two companies are stepping up to finance and organize this event. That takes quite a bit of effort on their part.
So if their logo shows up in a few dozen places? Good for them. Maybe it will motivate a few other places to help sponsor the event as well, and make it even bigger.

Well, being a fan or not of this approach is no reason to criticize the effort. At least they are really doing something!
My apologies, they absolutely are doing a wonderful thing. Anyone familiar with the Noveske brand know of the sacrifices they have made in the fight.

To be fair, the two companies are stepping up to finance and organize this event. That takes quite a bit of effort on their part.
So if their logo shows up in a few dozen places? Good for them. Maybe it will motivate a few other places to help sponsor the event as well, and make it even bigger.
This is a big step that has been a long time coming. I am fine with Radian and other companies who join in taking some credit for their efforts. Don't miss this Rally it is going to be big and hopefully encourage other companies to follow in Radian's footsteps across the nation.

This is a big step that has been a long time coming. I am fine with Radian and other companies who join in taking some credit for their efforts. Don't miss this Rally it is going to be big and hopefully encourage other companies to follow in Radian's footsteps across the nation.

Looks like a good spot to support gunowners if benchmade would like to redeem itself.:rolleyes:

I have met liberal Democrats and LGBTQ folks who also support the Second Amendment. It would help a lot to see some of them out there.

Pretty sure there will be several....this is all over the internet, and being its not being held by a political leaning group it
may help it be more open friendly.

Is/has anyone checked with Fisherman's Marine or Sportsman's Warehouse to see if they'll allow some flyers on their gun counters? Kieth's, Northwest Armory? Would Lars Larson mention this on his program?

5150 Tactical in Monmouth told me they will support the event (flyers, attend the rally, +), and I asked CVSC board of directors to support the event (use the email list to get the word out) and let me post flyers at the range.

If any of you guys have purchased product from Oregon Rifle Works will you ask them to step up and help support the Defend The 2nd Rally. I have bought lot's of stuff there and I left my request to help Radian in their facebook post comments section here:
Oregon Rifleworks

5150 Tactical in Monmouth told me they will support the event (flyers, attend the rally, +), and I asked CVSC board of directors to support the event (use the email list to get the word out) and let me post flyers at the range.
I wish Radian would support those like yourself who are trying to recruit businesses to promote the rally. I know they put out the flyer pdfs but some signage, bumper stickers etc would be nice to have for storefronts, yards, cars, etc. Sort of based around the oregon push back model where they are selling the signs above cost to raise money. By the way oregonpushback responded to my facebook question regarding sign prices. Small signs are $10, large signs are $50 and bumperstickers are $1. If I get to Salem on Tue I am going to pick some up for my Defend The 2nd caravan partners.

If NWFA needs a rally point; I'll toss the idea of using my Bedford Flag...
th.jpg

If NWFA needs a rally point; I'll toss the idea of using my Bedford Flag...
View attachment 552556

From post #1

The staff at Radian have decided its time to make a stand with our fellow Oregonians. As many of you know, the Oregon House and Senate have introduced numerous firearms related bills that are nothing less than draconian.

We will be raising money and awareness in order to create what we hope will be a huge turnout at the State capitol grounds on Saturday, March 23rd.

The ONLY purpose of this event is to remind our legislators that they work for us, and any continued assault on our 2nd Amendment rights will not stand. They've obviously forgotten that we are in fact a CONSTITUTIONAL Republic.

This is the time for anyone who cares about the 2nd Amendment to set aside their differences with each other, and come together on behalf of our sacred American liberties.

We ask that if you're able to attend the event, you only bring signs of support for the 2nd Amendment. The only flag we should feel the need to rally around are the Stars and Stripes. We anticipate this will be a publicized event. Hatred of any kind, violence, or destruction of public or private property is forbidden.

We plan on raising money for bus transportation from around the state, radio and T.V. ads to raise awareness, and entertainment and food at the event. Please spread the word as we seek to make a difference in our home State of Oregon, and across this great land.

More to come....

I would agree with this. Please, open carry and other flags than the Stars and Stripes would be inappropriate at this gathering IMO. I'm not one to be triggered buy the Bedford Flag, (actually never saw/heard of it 'till now) but others that are not on our side will find something in that flag to be afraid of. And the media will focus on that so the rest of the snowflakes that see it can get upset too.

From post #1

The staff at Radian have decided its time to make a stand with our fellow Oregonians. As many of you know, the Oregon House and Senate have introduced numerous firearms related bills that are nothing less than draconian.

We will be raising money and awareness in order to create what we hope will be a huge turnout at the State capitol grounds on Saturday, March 23rd.

The ONLY purpose of this event is to remind our legislators that they work for us, and any continued assault on our 2nd Amendment rights will not stand. They've obviously forgotten that we are in fact a CONSTITUTIONAL Republic.

This is the time for anyone who cares about the 2nd Amendment to set aside their differences with each other, and come together on behalf of our sacred American liberties.

We ask that if you're able to attend the event, you only bring signs of support for the 2nd Amendment. The only flag we should feel the need to rally around are the Stars and Stripes. We anticipate this will be a publicized event. Hatred of any kind, violence, or destruction of public or private property is forbidden.

We plan on raising money for bus transportation from around the state, radio and T.V. ads to raise awareness, and entertainment and food at the event. Please spread the word as we seek to make a difference in our home State of Oregon, and across this great land.

More to come....

I would agree with this. Please, open carry and other flags than the Stars and Stripes would be inappropriate at this gathering IMO. I'm not one to be triggered buy the Bedford Flag, (actually never saw/heard of it 'till now) but others that are not on our side will find something in that flag to be afraid of. And the media will focus on that so the rest of the snowflakes that see it can get upset too.

I agree with this but it's going to be about impossible to achieve.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads