Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Def Leppard

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Oregonhunter5, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

So my wife wants to go see them this fall here in Boise. Im a big fan of theres, but I question the quality of there concerts now. Ive never seen them before. Has anyone here seen them in the last 2-3 years? was it worth it?

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Check YouTube for def leopard concerts and you should be able to find a recent clip someone took and uploaded.

I've found that kind of helpful for the few concerts I've seen.

Sgt Nambu and etrain16 like this.
  3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I saw a recent concert of theirs on TV not long ago - I believe it was within the last year. Man, they're looking old. Overall, I watched because I was curious about how they sounded. Music was right on. The only real change is that Joe just can't hit those falsetto highs any longer, so he has to temper them with lower notes. Not the same as what I remember seeing them back in the late 80's on the Hysteria tour, but not bad for an 'old man' ;)

@Joe13's suggestion to check YT for recent concerts is a good idea.

4. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yeah, can't hit those high notes forever! "Foolin'" is one of my favorite songs!
    Hope you go and have fun! :)

I'm guessing that now the Leppard is deaf, blind and arthritic!

And yes, I'm aware that it's, Def!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  5. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I saw the Tesla, Styx, and Def Leppard concert last summer. Went with a small group of friends. They still sound great and I would do it again. \,,/

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  6. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I went to def lepard in 2011 and it was an awesome show. Highly recommend going.

7. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

You needn't apply my criteria, or maybe you might...

As a gigging (hobby/garage grade) rock guitarist for over 4 decades, I've had hundreds of favorite bands. I'm 60 now. While a lot of my old favorites are touring again, many of them are missing the musicians I liked best. Breakups, deaths, staring into space blowing spit-bubbles, left to make solo acts, etc., etc. For instance, who's singing for Boston this year? Or Robin Trower?

I'm sure DL has top-notch players on board. Maybe all the originals. That's going to be a loud one for sure. Keep a pair of foamie earplugs in your pocket just in case and go enjoy the show!

CoastRange57 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  8. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have over 127 concerts on my life list, and am one of those garage guys too. I have seen Def Leppard twice and they are a great show. They have a good number of the original members, Joe, Phil, Vivian. I think the old rockers put on a better show and are better musicians than their younger days.

I am at a stage where I will go see any decent rock concert within 150 miles. Saw Skynyrd at Lincoln City last fall, lost some hearing there I am sure. Hopefully put on at least 3 more this summer. Going to see Journey and The Dobbie Brothers this summer.

Here is a good Def Leppard video and I bet you cannot watch it just once...:eek::eek::eek:

etrain16 likes this.
  9. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Good video. Always liked Def Leppard and still listen to their hits from time to time.

10. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

They rock!
    But $188.00 for a decent seat??
    And swift looks like a overgrown 14 year old. Kinda creepy.

11. waglockfan

waglockfan Puget Sound Well-Known Member

Oh man, I remember that coming on MTV. I would have to watch MTV when mom was sleeping (worked nights) and I'd air mic ahhh f f f f foolin.....

Good times

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  12. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

80s flashback