JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my wife wants to go see them this fall here in Boise. Im a big fan of theres, but I question the quality of there concerts now. Ive never seen them before. Has anyone here seen them in the last 2-3 years? was it worth it?

Check YouTube for def leopard concerts and you should be able to find a recent clip someone took and uploaded.

I've found that kind of helpful for the few concerts I've seen.

I saw a recent concert of theirs on TV not long ago - I believe it was within the last year. Man, they're looking old. Overall, I watched because I was curious about how they sounded. Music was right on. The only real change is that Joe just can't hit those falsetto highs any longer, so he has to temper them with lower notes. Not the same as what I remember seeing them back in the late 80's on the Hysteria tour, but not bad for an 'old man' ;)

@Joe13's suggestion to check YT for recent concerts is a good idea.

Yeah, can't hit those high notes forever! "Foolin'" is one of my favorite songs!
Hope you go and have fun! :)

I'm guessing that now the Leppard is deaf, blind and arthritic!

And yes, I'm aware that it's, Def!

Last Edited:
You needn't apply my criteria, or maybe you might...

As a gigging (hobby/garage grade) rock guitarist for over 4 decades, I've had hundreds of favorite bands. I'm 60 now. While a lot of my old favorites are touring again, many of them are missing the musicians I liked best. Breakups, deaths, staring into space blowing spit-bubbles, left to make solo acts, etc., etc. For instance, who's singing for Boston this year? Or Robin Trower?

I'm sure DL has top-notch players on board. Maybe all the originals. That's going to be a loud one for sure. Keep a pair of foamie earplugs in your pocket just in case and go enjoy the show!

I have over 127 concerts on my life list, and am one of those garage guys too. I have seen Def Leppard twice and they are a great show. They have a good number of the original members, Joe, Phil, Vivian. I think the old rockers put on a better show and are better musicians than their younger days.

I am at a stage where I will go see any decent rock concert within 150 miles. Saw Skynyrd at Lincoln City last fall, lost some hearing there I am sure. Hopefully put on at least 3 more this summer. Going to see Journey and The Dobbie Brothers this summer.

Here is a good Def Leppard video and I bet you cannot watch it just once...:eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, can't hit those high notes forever! "Foolin'" is one of my favorite songs!
Hope you go and have fun! :)

I'm guessing that now the Leppard is deaf, blind and arthritic!

And yes, I'm aware that it's, Def!

Oh man, I remember that coming on MTV. I would have to watch MTV when mom was sleeping (worked nights) and I'd air mic ahhh f f f f foolin.....

Good times

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads