JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the interest of preserving the deer and my car; do any of you folks in eastern OR WA or ID have a thought on what "deer scare" device works?
I bought some, installed on the car, but I noticed a couple of does browsing on the edge of the highway. They did not even look up as I went by.

I don't know if this scares them or not but they sure do have a look when being punted into a ditch at 60 MPH.

2012-09-07_11-24-21_739_zps713f6219.jpg

Have them (whistles) on all rigs and bikes. Our experience is that deer notice our approach, look up, rarely run off. Figure their awareness is a plus, still drive condition orange in deer country. During the rut, all bets are off.

Where did you get the whistles?
Have them (whistles) on all rigs and bikes. Our experience is that deer notice our approach, look up, rarely run off. Figure their awareness is a plus, still drive condition orange in deer country. During the rut, all bets are off.

Got them at a local auto supply house, about 5 bucks each. I have two on the corners of each front bumper, and two stuck in the nose of our Beemers, a R1150 RT and a R1100s. Like I said, they appear to notice us, but not frighten. We fear the consequences of a hit much more on our bikes than our rigs, although we have yet to suffer any deer/elk/bear collisions. I have witnessed (unfortunately, several) examples of the amount of damage even a small deer can cause with impact. Fancy grill guards won't matter much when velocity is high and object is relatively still.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top