JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll jump on the 243 band wagon. But a 6.5 Creedmoor and 7mm08 are prob better. If you have a recoil problem. The 6.5 grendel is flat shooting and solid performer. The upper is just a swap if you have a AR and the ammo is cheap.

A lot of great suggestions. Pretty hard to argue about those choices. I second the .243 winchester, 6.5 CM, and 7mm08. Funny story about yesterdays early morning shoot with my boss. We were shooting steel at 400 yards and he had his 300 win mag. He's a 1 rifle guy and shoots a rem 700 300wm for deer and elk. Well, he couldn't hit the 4" steel plate with his big boomer, so I let him shoot both my 6.5 creedmoor Tikka CTR and my 6mmWOA AR15. He was nailing the 4" steel plate just about every time. He looked at me and said, "now I know why you like the creedmoor so much. You can shoot this all day long, and its accurate!!!" He also said, "I am going to have to buy one of these". I said I have an extra one, but it's not for sale :p

Decades ago my gun club was having sight in days for hunting season. We would have non club members come out and we would help them sight in their rifles. Each club member had two benches to take care of. I had a father and pre teen son duo come to my two benches, son with a 243 and dad with his sparkling new Mk V 300WM. Son shot GREAT groups but dad could not hardly put shots on paper and when he did they were all over the place. So I told him I had a cure for his rifle ... I then had his son shoot the 300 and six shots later it was zero'd with the holes all touching. The rifle did not hurt the young fella at all, even off of the bench as it fit him. Dad thinking the thing was a super magnum had a flinch that I certainly did not have time to cure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top