JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up two Sitka Blacktail this week. My first (and second) deer ever. Really, really happy about it. They're still hanging on the boat, we'll process them tomorrow. Everything is better in Alaska.

Awesome, one catches & kills in Alaska. My son is CG in Ketchican for 2 years. I may have to see if I can get up there to do some hunting & fish.:D

Yeah, like Ray was sayin:

:s0122:

Here's a picture of some young men I know who couldn't decide who was leading. Not sure how long it took them to walk out.

IMG_0307.JPG

She was shaken up then a hour later she is aching so into the chiropractor soon. The sheriff said she was lucky that the air bags didn't deploy.....:eek:
Thanks for asking.:)
awesome. good to hear shes ok. subarus can take a beating. one time, i had a coyote run into the side of my daily driver. nothin i could do. i was pissed. couldnt get the driver door open. $100 deductible and its all fixed.

Our ductable is $500.....
Suxs because I'll have to drive my F350 so the wife gets the spare car.
Will have to see if she can get a loaner car till it's fixed....

Found out that our deductible is waved for being a 20 years customer!!!! Awesome.

Last Edited:
Actually, I'm quite proud of my hunt the last 2 days. Today, on the last day, I walked right up to within 40 yards of a TransGender deer! (Couldn't tell if it was a he, she, it or a they... Sorry, trying to be 'correct' here but failing miserably!) 7 am was still a little dark. Add the fog. Can't make out horns or not. Pranced around in front of me for a while acting like a buck. At one point 'it' turned broadside and offered a perfect opportunity for a heart shot. It's head perked up like he heard something. I thought "I've got him now... Just make out the horns, man, make out the horns!!!"

'It' may have had spikes or small forks. I just couldn't tell and I certainly didn't want to take a chance, so I waited. And waited. Finally, he wandered off into the forest never to return. Just then, the fog lifted. And it got lighter. I whispered... "Farewell, my friend. We shall meet again. Next season? Say, opening day... 7 am? Great! See ya then. And have a good winter."

The day before, I sat in that same spot, from before sunrise for 4 hours. In the third hour, a bird flickered in the ferns about 30 yards from me. The slight movement caught my eye so I looked to verify the bird. Deer ears flickered this time. Binoculars on it. No horns. Wait for it... Gotta be buck to follow... Nope. Just another doe.

So, I'm happy with my stocking and patients abilities. Just not happy with having to hunt on such heavily used and limited areas on public land.

Congrats to all who nailed one!

went bear hunting this weekend in the cascades. passed on two cubs because it wasnt shooting light. my buddy shot a buck with his bow and arrow.

seems like my group of friends are slayin'm this year

Well today was the last day of the Western WA modern rifle season for deer and I saw nothing but a dead opossum at the base of a tree.
Oh well. That's why it's called hunting, and not killing. I like to call it hiking in the woods with weapons.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top